Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wii Fit Plus Mania

I woke up this morning feeling like my-not-sick-self again and it was great! Krista on the other hand has been hibernating in bed with a high fever and dizziness.  Thankfully, after two days of high fever, she's much better today.  Michael is totally better (48 hours of being fever free!!! Thank you, God!!!) and happily eating everything in sight (mainly the Trader Joe's shortbread cookies!).

I'm so insulted.  By the Wii. It's one thing to know you're overweight, but it's another thing to have it announced to your entire family by the Wii that you are!!! Seriously!!! Okay, okay, I confess I have not exercised for four years.  Mostly because I hate exercising and by nature, I prefer to read than run or be on the stepping machine.  It's hereditary---I get it from my sister!!! Tee Hee Hee!!! I betcha she's not laughing now! She's probably saying "Hey!" Sorry, Jeh-Jeh, I just couldn't resist that one!!!


Sigh.  I wish I was like my dear cousin Marian.  Not only is she super fit (and looks great as a mother of two), but she's extremely disciplined about exercising and eating well.  She's an inspiration!!!

Okay, so back to the Wii Fit Plus.  The lady trainer adores Krista (I'm listening to her praise Krista about her form and balance while I'm convinced the trainer hates me.  She continues to mention my being "unbalanced" (okay, so I kept cheating during the push ups and was missing the steps in aerobics, but "unbalanced" implies mental issues and the only mental issues I have are about how much I hate exercising!!!) and she's perfect in yoga.  Those positions are not normal and my back was killing me after following her...or attempting to!  As if I had a choice.  And trying to keep the center of balance is a joke.  For anyone watching me as I wobble all over the place trying to remain on the white board!

I do love the virtual hula hooping though.  I can't do it in real life, but in the virtual world, I can do three hoops at one time! I miss all my favorite jeans (pre Michael weight) and I'm convicted about taking better care of my body so I will be exercising every day.  Michael has already agreed to be my exercise partner (I figure we're about on the same level---in reality, he's probably going to beat me in everything!) so we're in it together! 

Well, I'm so happy with myself after running (a short course) with my trainer that I'm going to celebrate with some TJ's Coffee Bean Blast ice cream (yummy!!!)...just kidding!!! relax, you exercise maniacs!!! i was just trying to raise your blood pressure a bit :oD

Late last night I started Lady in the Mist by Laurie Alice Eakes, a new series with midwife heroines and couldn't put it down until I finished it at 3 am! After blogging, I'll be reading Melody Carlson's All For One (The Four Lindas series).  I can't wait!

I'll end today's blog with this verse from 1 Timothy 4:8 (using the Amplified version) "
For physical training is of some value (useful for a little), but godliness (spiritual training) is useful and of value in everything and in every way, for it holds promise for the present life and also for the life which is to come."