Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Top Ten in 2010

Last night, Krista and I decided to stay up until past 2:30 am watching a Hallmark TV special.  It was her reward for getting caught up in her school work (besides being given the privilege to be back on her new DS playing games).  I was thinking of blogging with her this morning, but then decided she needed to get to bed.  

I finished reading Never Been Kissed by Melody Carlson (I started the day before yesterday and then got distracted with Bake Until Golden) and thought it was definitely worthwhile reading for Krista.  In fact, I would highly recommend it for my 8th grade girls.  It's just that kind of book.

Okay, here's my list of the Top Ten in 2010 (I'm hoping I can come up with that many now that my brain has been fried after the last couple of very late nights...!):

10.  Searching for a dainty turtle necklace after 11:30pm New Year's Eve on the AYSO soccer field while trudging through the mud...!

9.  Making plans the week before to surprising my parents with a visit on the  4th of July for a week visit.

8.  Pushing and shoving (watch out for my killer elbows!) my way through throngs of people while shopping in Hong Kong with my sister-in-law.

7.  Krista qualifying for the State Games of America this summer in San Diego.

6.  My favorite Aunt Mei's visit this past summer.

5.  My favorite sister and her family's visit to Cali during their furlough (it was way too short!!!).

4.  TPing raids with the LOMSAA 8th grade girls.  Enough said!


3.  Christmas at Lego Land!!!

2.  Michael turning 4 on December 23rd.


1.  Krista's birthday blessing dinner at Blue Stove on September 26th.


Let's begin the New Year reflecting on these verses from Isaiah...

Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 (NASB)

 16Thus says the LORD,
         Who makes a way through the sea
         And a path through the mighty waters,
        18"Do not call to mind the former things,
         Or ponder things of the past.
    19"Behold, I will do something new,
         Now it will spring forth;
         Will you not be aware of it?
         I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
         Rivers in the desert." 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!