Sunday, January 23, 2011

Michael's Favorite Part Of The Day Yesterday

Krista and I stayed home with Michael today.  He didn't have a high fever all day (thank you for your prayers!!!) and only took one Tylenol Melt Away this afternoon.  He was playing with his Legos, eating popsicles and talking up a storm (nothing unusual about that when he's at home!) when he asked me this:

Michael:  Mommy, do you know what my favorite part of the day was when I was at the hospital yesterday?

Me:  What was that, Michael? (I was racking my brain trying to think what he would come up with.  Was it the apple juice?  The stuffed bunny from the volunteer?  I know it was definitely not the blood work part!)

Michael:  It was when I got to come home.

Krista and I agreed that was our favorite part of the day, too! Well, the seizure watch continues.  I don't think Jacob or I will sleep well until he's completely fever free (especially since we're checking on him every couple of hours through the night!). 

It's been interesting how many other parents have had the experience with their child or children having febrile seizures, too.  And it's a relief to know that we weren't the only ones scared out of our wits! 

Thanks again for your prayers, your love, support and concern.   It has meant so much to us knowing there are so many praying for us.  And I'm more grateful than ever that neither of our children have epilepsy where seizures are common.  God always knows best!!!


Psalm 145:3 says it best (from The Message):  "God is magnificent; He can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to His greatness."

Amen!!!