Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Inevitable

It happened.  I woke up this morning with a fever and a headache.  Krista woke up with all that and some dizzyness and a sore throat.  And Michael?  He's fever free and cool to touch.  And very chatty while I was trying to hide under the covers from all his zillion and one questions! Fat chance.

You know, as a child, being sick is great! You can sleep, take naps, and there's always someone getting something for you and catering to your every need.  In essence, you get to be a kid.  Of course, children don't realize how great they have it and all they want to do is grow up quickly, right?!?

For any mom, being sick is just another thing to juggle.  Life still goes on.  Meals have to be made (I'm thankful my family doesn't expect gourmet and I know Jacob is great about picking stuff up on the way home for dinner), little ones (& big ones!) need to be monitored, laundry continues to multiply, etc.  Thankfully, both Krista and Michael are really easy and accommodating.  If I had one wish, it would be to stay in bed, sleep and read.


I did get to lay out on the couch (thank God for the Bob the Builder DVD!) and I got to finish The Fire In Ember by DiAnn Mills.  It's a historical suspense novel set in 1888.  What really intrigued me was the page of "Acknowledgments." Yes, I do enjoy reading the acknowledgment pages, the dedication page and the brief author bio, too!

The first sentence was in plain english.  But the rest of the page was like this... "Ectotame vit eturia aliquatieae as enem inctore peleseq uassit faccus, quos aut aut que dolore que earchil ligenda qui ut optur aliqui voluptia vellect otatem quam, sitium inctotaspere..."  See what I mean?!?  Is this a foreign language (Google was no help!) or a publishing error?!?  It's very intriguing!


Well, I'm off to bed early after I put Michael down for the night.  Thank you for all your prayers for Michael!!!


I'll end today's blog with Psalm 147:1 using the Amplified version:
"Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God, for He is gracious and lovely; praise is becoming and appropriate."