Monday, January 24, 2011

Up And Down

I was feeling pretty hopeful yesterday since Michael's fever was kept in control with just one Tylenol.  But today was a different story.  We saw our pediatrician (Dr. Donna Pachorek is the best!) and she confirmed what we already knew---Michael's fever is viral and there's a 40% chance he'll have another febrile seizure.  We were told on Saturday that most children out grow febrile seizures by the time they're 5 or 6; however, Dr. Pachorek said children can still have febrile seizures until they're 7.  WWWAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

But then I remind myself that there are worse things in life.

I just realized I've been forgetting to fill you in on the books I've recently read. I loved Ann Tatlock's Promises To Keep.  What a riveting story! Deadly Ties by Vicki Hinze was so suspenseful (my sister would totally love the book!) that I could barely keep reading (I was scared spitless at times!), but I did manage to finish it to my relief.  And I hate it when one of the key bad guys get away because that means there's more scary stuff to come in the next book! If only I didn't have such an overactive imagination...! This is why I don't see horror, suspenseful or action movies.  Give me a chick flick any day where I can laugh and cry all in one sitting!


I started Janelle Mowery's When All My Dreams Come True but got sidetracked with Larkspur Cove by Lisa Wingate.  What a great story! I started it as my upstairs book and couldn't put it down so it came downstairs with me, too.  I haven't been able to read too much in the past few days but thankfully, I can celebrate with a book now that I've cleared off the three loads of laundry that were piled up at the foot of our bed!


Isn't God good?  He doesn't give you more than you can handle even though you may feel like you're on the very edge of your tolerance level! He's doing a good work in you and in me.


I like the way The Message phrases Philippians 1:6 "There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."