Friday, January 7, 2011

My New Year Begins Today: Part 2

I'm spending my birthday in bed.  Under the covers.  Thanks to our new laptop and a "bed desk," I can take calls, work on press releases, my newsletter and blog while staying warm and cozy!

I finished hand stitching Michael's blanket (which seemed to grow larger by the minute!) as a gift to myself.  In reality, I was tired of it sitting on the end of the bed silently pleading to be finished.  That and being asked several times a day by you know who if his blanket was ready yet.  I managed to stab myself only half a dozen times this time around (even drawing blood from my poor thumb causing me to shriek while scaring both children simultaneously...it was a powerful moment!)Having a needle hang out of my thumb was a divine sign for me to give up the blanket business now that I have completed this project.  Gladly!

If you're trying to call, sorry.  I disabled the ringer in my cell and I took out the batteries from the cordless.  I wish you could see what I'm seeing.  At the foot of my bed, wrapped in her skating blanket is my sweet daughter Krista...fast asleep.  On the left of my side is my snuggly little boy Michael still in his sleepers...fast asleep.  I should be joining them so why am I still blogging away?!?  

LOL! I need to get the camera because this is a historical moment (2 children out like a light after much protesting that neither were tired) except if I get out of bed, I'm sure both would wake up! Thankfully, I have my phone and got a few snapshots which means I have to figure out how to download those pictures now.  Oh, Krista is going to so kill me when she sees the pictures I've taken...!!!

I LOVE being a mommy.  It's the best job in the world!!!

By the way, if you enjoy baking and making or creating desserts, then be sure to check out a new contest (just go to the tab) with author Vicki Hinze I've posted for you!!! May the best dessert chef win!!!

Okay, if you were following my previous post started at 1 something this morning and finished at 2am, you'll know that I'm on #30.


30.  I love sharing my reviews of books and family-friendly resources in my newsletter, Five Star Books & More by the Reading Mom to help women know what to read, watch and buy. 


31.  I'm a mediocre cook.  In fact, my talents are more in the area of making reservations, calling for take-out, etc.  You get the idea! I do have a few dishes that are easy to make and edible enough to share.


32.  If I had a million dollars, I would pay off the mortgage and set aside enough funding to live off of so Jacob wouldn't have to work so hard and be able to pursue his dreams of going to pastry school or something (!).  I would also share some with our church for the building expansion project, the Uganda Buyamba home for children, buy a home for my parents and one for my sister and her family.  I would also share some of that million dollars with my brother's family, my friend Beth, young families in need of a little extra, families out of jobs, orphanages in China, and wonderful ministries like Helping Hands, the Women's Resource Center, etc.

33.  I've always wanted to go to Europe on a Disney Cruise!


34.  I'm grateful for the privilege of parenting.  Funny thing is, I never grew up with a dream to be married (I never planned my wedding as a kid which is why I was grateful for a wedding coordinator for ours!) or have a family.  I was more than happy getting my "children fix" by babysitting and teaching Sunday school to the little ones.  Probably because I have a low threshhold of pain, plus, hearing everyone's stories about their childbirth pains did a doozy on my brain (which is why I'm a firm believer in Epidurals).  I'm here to tell you single girlfriend, everything they say is true!!!


35.  I love doing laundry.  I'm weird, that's why.  I think it's the miracle of getting clothes clean and fresh smelling that appeal to me.


36.  I have an addiction.  To salted popcorn.  I am happy to eat it anytime, anywhere (except for during a church service!), in the bag, out of the bag...you get the picture.


37.  I love stickers.  They make me happy!


38.  I'm a firm believer in staying connected to the people who've impacted my life in some way.  It's why I still stay in touch with my H.S. English teacher, my M.S. Science teacher, my youth pastor and their family, my campus mom and her family, friends from school, etc.


39.  I have a low tolerance for ungrateful attitudes, bullies, attitudes of entitlement and moochers.


40.  Sometimes I wish you could hear what I'm saying in my head (I'm easily amused).  And sometimes, I'm glad you can't!


41.  I love cute things like our Iwako food erasers.


There.  41 random facts about me.  Thanks for joining me on this blogging adventure!!! I'll end with one of my favorite passages from Ephesian 5:1-2 using the Amplified version:

 "THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].    

And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance."