Sunday, May 1, 2011

Anti-Social Behavior and my Melaleuca Challenge Day 5 & 6

I had another sleepless night on Thursday and on Friday morning, I discovered why.  Michael has been fascinated with my Melaleuca vitamin gold foil packets and loves to "help" me open them and give me the vitamins.  I've been distracted and hadn't checked to make sure he was giving me the right packets.  I was feeling really tired Thursday night after not sleeping well for several days and for a rare moment, I couldn't wait to go to bed! Michael ran and got the foil pack of vitamins, opened them  up for me after dinner and threw out the empty packet.  He was so excited to make sure I was taking my vitamins.  I meant to make sure he was giving me the PM pack, but got distracted by my baking stuff.  I remember laying down and feeling really sleepy.  And then, I couldn't fall asleep.  It's so annoying when that happens!!! In fact, I was wide awake! I could have watch The Royal Wedding live at 3am (yes, I was still awake!) had I not decided to get up and go into my closet to read Hidden Affections by Delia Parr (it was sooo sweet!!!) first.  I finished the book at about 5:30ish am and went back to bed before having to wake up before 7am feeling very tired!

When I went to take my AM vitamin pack, I discovered several PM stand alone packets which made me realize somebody pint sized was radomly handing me the WRONG vitamin packets!!! Yes, I know I should have checked those packets, but he would open them without me knowing and bring them to me while I was in the middle of baking.  I trusted him too much too soon! I had to have a little chat with Michael to explain the AM and PM packs and to let him know that he had to wait til I gave him permission before taking the initiative to open up the vitamin packets for me!

Okay, Friday was CRAZY! But it was a crazy good because we had our spring finale for Momsnext in the morning and then our LOMSAA fundraiser dinner/variety show was  in the evening.  It was so much fun and an amazing experience watching all the kids work together so hard! There is so much talent in the 7th & ith graders at LOMSAA!!! I was so proud of them :o) After the evening was over (Michael didn't get to bed until after 10:15pm!), I met up with Krista later that night with a bunch of kids for an "after party" of sorts.  We didn't get home til after midnight. 

I just finished Simple Deceit by Nancy Mehl (I'll have it posted in my reviews in the May ed. of Five Star Books & More) and the ending definitely caught me by surprise! My downstairs book is Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren and my upstairs book is Chris Well's Nursing A Grudge.  My reading time has been severely limited these past couple of months so I'm trying to figure out a way to get more books read in less time.  Man, I wish reading by osmosis would work...!

We got to spend time with some good friends today and watching Michael interact with Nathan made me realize how limited Michael's social skills are! Purposely sitting on the storage ottoman while Nathan was trying to open it to see the toys was not very gracious host behavior! And sadly, that was just one example of a series of offensive behaviors in the first hour of Nathan's visit! Of course, by the time it was time for Nathan to leave, the boys were having a good time playing together.  It figures!

I had an allergy attack earlier this evening and after taking my Melaleuca allergy pill, my nose has stopped running and I haven't had sneezing fits.  Zyrtech hadn't been working for me so it's nice to see my body responding to the Melaleuca allergy pills.  Ahhhh, could it be that my Melaleuca products are helping me?  I need more time to see how things work for my body.   I'm not feeling totally energized in the mornings yet, but perhaps I have to give my body time to adjust to taking the right AM & PM packs now after having my packets switched thanks to Michael's "helpfulness!" I just tried the laundry detergent tonight so I'm curious to see what difference it will have. 

I was reading Romans 12 in my Amplified Bible and I love what verses 10-13 have to say...
   "Love one another with brotherly affection [as members of one family], giving precedence and showing    honor to one another.    Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord.
    Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer.
    Contribute to the needs of God's people [sharing in the necessities of the saints]; pursue the practice of hospitality."

If you're searching for God's Will for your life, then do what those verses say.  It's a good place to start!