Monday, May 9, 2011

"I Only Like Underwear with Cars, Trucks and Things Like That, Mommy"

It seems like just yesterday Michael was declaring, "I'm never going to wear underwear."  Today, he's telling me he only wants the underwear with cars, trucks, etc. that feels very soft (the training underwear).  It's true that the training underwear are a lot softer than the regular ones---I can't believe he noticed that! We were at Target and they didn't have any underwear with cars, trucks and other little vehicles! He's rejecting his Thomas & Friends underwear because he doesn't like the dark colored band that's on them (they're dark blue).  Too bad So sad! He's going to have to wear them because I paid extra for those trademark characters!

We had such a relaxing weekend.  We got to have our "other" daughter over (Coral is a student at UCLA and we've known her and her family for over 10 years!) and she had to study for an exam which worked out perfectly since Krista had some studying and a paper to finish up, too.  Krista has always looked up to Coral as a big sister since she met her when she was between 2 & 3 (pardon the faulty memory due to the lack of sleep! I stayed up til nearly 2am working on my Five Star Books and More newsletter which is available now at this blogsite---just click on the tab!) and it's nice to see the girls interact when Coral is able to come over.

The girls were studying at the local coffee shop where two other friends of Coral (all students at UCLA) had come to joined them.  When Starbucks closed, Jacob had them all come over to the house to study.  It was nice meeting Roy and Lilly because I'm sure we'll be seeing them again! And having them here gave me a good excuse to bake some chocolate chip cookies so Jacob had to run out and get some eggs in order for that to happen.  I love spontaneous events and having last minute guests over is always fun even though the house isn't in pristine condition!

I hope Krista will always feel comfortable inviting her friends over on the spur of the moment, too.  Most of all, I pray her friends will experience His presence and peace in our home no matter what condition the house may be in!


Well, I'm on day 15 of my Melaleuca Challenge and I've nothing new to report.  I'm waiting for my extreme allergy and skin issues to pass so I can figure out what's going on in my body when I'm using Melaleuca products.  No news can be good news, right?

Well, the best news for you today is found in this verse from the Amplified Bible:  "1THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.
    2For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death."

It's great to be free!!!