Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"I'm Holding My Bladder Until December 23rd!"

I just finished a great book you'll want to check out---Marybeth Whalen's She Makes It Look Easy! I had a hard time putting it down! My upstairs book is Bridge to a Distant Star by Carolyn Williford and downstairs I'm reading Mindy Starns Clark & Leslie Gould's The Amish Nanny.  Books, books, books...so many to read and so little time!

Now that Michael is relatively trained to listen to his body and use the toilet, I'm working on getting him to hold his bladder.  I was with my friend Beth the other day for about an hour or so and in that time, Michael needed to go about 4 times in that short time span! So, we've been talking about holding his bladder in and today, he declared, "I'm holding my bladder until December 23rd!" Great.  This explains why we've been having a few accidents these past two days! I can see we've got to take this one slowly!

Last night, it was raining hard which is unusual since our rain season usually ends in February.  The weather continues to astound me and wreak havoc on my skin issues! I took Michael to the doctor this morning.  He started running a low grade fever and after having pneumonia last month, I wasn't taking any chances on letting it run its course! He's starting to cough and his little nose is starting to run more so we're keeping a close eye on him.  I pray he won't experience another febrile seizure and if he does, it won't be the end of the world because I know God is in control.

I love how the New Living Translation puts Isaiah 40:28-31:
28 Have you never heard?
      Have you never understood?
   The Lord is the everlasting God,
      the Creator of all the earth.
   He never grows weak or weary.
      No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
 29 He gives power to the weak
      and strength to the powerless.
 30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
      and young men will fall in exhaustion.
 31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
      They will soar high on wings like eagles.
   They will run and not grow weary.
      They will walk and not faint.

Aren't these verses so encouraging?  See?  You can soar high on wings like eagles---trust Him!!!