Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baking Frenzy, Cold Turkey Toilet Training and Melaleuca Challenge Day 4

Two major events happen tomorrow.  The first one is tomorrow morning where MOMSnext will meet for the last time until the fall.  Naturally, there will be a lot of food, laughter, food, fun, food, bonding with our fabulous chat groups and did I mention food?!?  My gal pal Nicea assigned me to bring cupcakes so I made 72 mini Carrot Cake/Pineapple cupcakes.  I made extra so I could also use a batch for our second event later tomorrow evening---our LOMSAA fundraiser dinner & variety show! It's going to be so much fun!!! For that, I'm making Chocolate Truffle Cookies (Michael had so much fun dipping them in the confectioner's sugar!) and Jam Thumbprint Cookies (which didn't turn out as nice as I would like them to since I wasn't sure about the jam and cookie ratio, but Krista and Michael liked them so at least I know they're edible!).  I wasn't going to bake some more, but after washing out the mixing bowl for the fourth time (I had to make cream cheese frosting for my mini cupcakes), I decided to take a break.  If I feel motivated tomorrow, then perhaps I will, but right now, I'm not feeling it!

We finished the last of the Pull-Ups (GASP!) and now Michael will be sleeping through the night (one can only hope!) with his training underpants (which by the way, do absolutely nothing to deter liquid from streaming through while emptying one's bladder) for the first time.  I anticipate a few accidents because he has very limited bladder control so I'm kissing sleep goodbye.  And it doesn't help that he loves to drink  water so much!

I'm at such a not-so-good place with my skin and allergy issues that nothing Melaleuca is working.  Although my skin is feeling fairly moisturized with Renew, those stubborn dry patches refuse to be moisturized even with continuous applications of Renew! So, that's my latest update on my Melaleuca Challenge.  We'll see what happens tomorrow!

I love the verse from the New Living Translation version for today from Biblegateway.com:  "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last."

Got God?