Monday, May 2, 2011

Melaleuca Challenge Day 7-8

I'm exhausted!I feel like I need another weekend to recover from the past one! The best thing about today was going to group tonight.  It was so fun to just relax, have dinner (Mondays are beginning to be one of my favorite days since I don't have to think about dinner because we have dinner with our small group!) and watch the kids play and then participate in worship together with the grown-ups (or maybe it's the other way around!)! We sing anything from worship songs to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

All morning and part of the afternoon, I was struggling with putting a sign up sheet together through mysignups.com.  Technology.  Ya gotta love it or hate it.  In my case, today I was hating it! I was so frustrated because I couldn't seem to get how to get my data to appear in the boxes! Plus, I kept getting this screen that said the database was being worked on or something to that effect and I would have to log out and then start over again.  Tonight, I logged back in and thankfully, I was able to get my sign up sheet together for our LOMSAA Open House.  I spent about three hours on one for yearbook time slots and it won't allow me to see what I've done until midnight (what in the world possessed me to put midnight for the activation time?!?).  If all my work disappears, I'm going to definitely have a cow, a canary AND a litter of kittens!!!

I just finished this great cozy mystery called Missing Mabel by Nancy Mehl.  It was a "Curl Up and Dye" Mystery (I loved how clever that line was and wished I could come up with things like that!!!)  about a hair stylist with photographic memory.  It was a fun read (it was so easy to read that I finished it in one sitting) and seriously, my only complaint was how Gabe's mysterious past was handled.  I mean, what's up with that?!?  This book is begging for a sequel, Nancy!!! Now I'm reading Nancy Moser's Masquerade and it's pretty intriguing so far.

It's my 8th day taking the Melaleuca Challenge and I'm still not quite sure how the vitamin supplements are affecting my body (unless I take the AM vitamin packet at night...!).  I don't feel any more energetic than I normally am.  My hyperness and energy kicks in after 9am.  I'm looking for something that will give me a boost of energy in the mornings so that when my alarm clock rings at 6:05am, I'm able to sky rocket out of bed and get going for the day! I am just not a morning person.  The laundry smells nice (I think I purchased the Fresh Scent Melaleuca laundry detergent) but I haven't worn anything from the laundry yet so I can't say much about it right now.  Krista's been taking the immune booster supplements and though she hasn't been consistent with the three times a day instructions, she hasn't gotten sick so far.  I'll keep you updated on any changes happening in our household.

Lately, things have been falling apart in our house.  We just got our attic fan replaced (thankfully, we got it done before the really hot weather hits!).  Our guest bathroom has a shower that when turned on, leaks out to the garage (now that can't be a good thing, right?!?).  The kitchen sink slightly leaks underneath the sink (hmmm...did the leak happen before the Lee brothers attempt to change out the kitchen hardware or after...?!?  ummmm...I'm not touchin' that one)  and the landscaping lights have to be replaced.  And, a tankless hot water heater would be nice.  Cuh Ching! I'm thankful that when the Rapture takes place, all these things will not even be a blip on the radar! In the meantime, we can look forward to the mansions in Heaven, right?!?

In the Contemporary English Version (CEV), John 14:2-4 puts it like this:  "There are many rooms in my Father's house. I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you. After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together. You know the way to where I am going."

And that's the only way I ever want to live in a mansion because in Heaven, I'm pretty certain there won't be any home repairs or dusting necessary forever and ever!