Saturday, May 14, 2011

"I'm Hungry Because You Only Fed Me Pasta And Not Protein" and Other Stalling Tactics From a 4 Year Old Child

My favorite girls were over again for our monthly Bible study and it was such a great night! I love how they interact with one another, share deep thoughts and spill their laughter all around.  I find joy knowing Krista will have these friends for the rest of her life to keep her accountable, to share her joys and sorrows and most of all, to love her.  I love how authentic these girls are with each other.  It's inspiring and makes me wish every girl had a group of friends like these 8th grade girls from LOMSAA.

The other night, Michael and I had this conversation after his bedtime....

Me:  Michael, why are you awake now?

Michael:  I'm awake because I'm hungry.

Me:  Well, it's time to sleep and not time to eat, Michael.

Michael:  But I'm hungry!

Me:  That's because your stomach is supposed to be sleeping and now that you're awake, your stomach is mixed up! You need to go back to bed!

Michael:  But I'm hungry because you only fed me pasta and not any protein! I need protein!

Me:  [You BIG staller!]  Michael, the pasta you ate tonight had chicken in it and  [NEWS FLASH!] chicken is protein so no more stalling!

Michael:  Oh.  Okay.  Nice try, buddy.  But I give him an  "A" for creativity...that's the best stalling technique I've heard from him!

Don't ya just love it?!?  This past week, Michael has called me in because he needed more water (that's a classic), his blanket fell down (then stop kicking at it!), and he didn't get to say goodnight to daddy.

I'm going to miss this stage! He is a love :o)

Michael's chubby cheeks are no longer as chubby.  His face is getting longer and his limbs are extending.  He can stand on the bottom of the freezer and reach for things in the top shelf! I remember when Krista was finally able to reach the sink! She felt so accomplished! Now, she's taller than me.  Sigh.  Yes, I'm shrinking in case you're wondering! LOL!!!

Don't you love how the New Living Translation puts Psalm 119:13-14?
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.”

This verse also applies to shrinking moms :o)