Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So Many Things....So Little Time...!

I think this is one of the busiest weeks ever.  It's the life of a mom, right?!?  There has been VBS song & dance rehearsal, LOMSAA open house dance (amazing to watch!) and skit rehearsals, Science projects (the girls on Krista's project came over after school to work---Kat stayed until 5:30pm and then Krista and Grace kept on until after 9:30pm!), mock trial stuff to go over and practice, class schedules to complete, yearbook stuff, meetings, baking, church commitments, etc.  It's only Tuesday! I can't imagine what my friends Diana, Julie and all the teachers at LOMSAA are going through as they prepare for the big day:  Open House this coming Friday (9a - 12:45)!!!

Michael loves being at LOMSAA, so he's having a grand time! I'm thankful he's still napping and finally toilet trained completely (now that he understands he doesn't have to hold his bladder until December 23rd!).  Miracles still happen!!! 

I forgot to take my Melaleuca AM vitamins this morning (gasp!) but haven't felt any differently.  I take the PM vitamins after dinner and by midnight, I'm actually tired which is unusual for me.  But it's something I recently took notice of...usually, when I finally make it to bed, I'm wide awake which gives me time to think about things, pray, make up stories in my head, etc. until I finally fall asleep.  I wonder if there's some herb or natural nutrient in the Melaleuca PM vitamins that makes my brain tired...?!?  I may need to experiment by not taking them for a few weeks to see if my normal sleep patterns return...hmmm...

Yesterday, I finished Jim Stovall's The Ultimate Journey and absolutely loved it! Stovall is "Red" Stevens and so full of wisdom! I just started The Daughter's Walk by Jane Kirkpatrick (I love her and had a great interview with her years ago).  So far, it's really interesting in a good way! My upstairs book is Erynn Mangum's Double Shot which is proving to be very entertaining reading (I've only gotten past a couple pages before getting distracted by the phone)

I've noticed that stress and pressure seems to bring the worse out in all of us.  I'm so thankful God doesn't have mood swings or overreacts when stressed or have anger issues! Instead, He has an abundance of mercy...even when we blow it.  I love how the Contemporary English Version (ESV) translates Lamentatations 3:22-24... "The LORD's kindness never fails! If he had not been merciful, we would have been destroyed. 23The LORD can always be trusted to show mercy each morning. 24Deep in my heart I say, "The LORD is all I need; I can depend on him!"

Lord, rain down your mercy on us all!!!