Friday, May 6, 2011

"Mommy, Krista's Antagonizing Me!" and Melaleuca Challenge Day 10-12

Outside, someone's car alarm keeps going off.  Then when you think the owner has finally done whatever to stop the alarm, it goes off again! All I know for sure is that it's not one of our cars.  Whew! Good thing because that's a sure fire way to get all your neighbors to HATE you!!!

This morning Michael went to his class and I showed him where the big boy bathroom was with the pint sized toilet (hey! I want one of those in Krista & Michael's bathroom b/c he's scared of being on the big toilet!).  My intention was to get him used to using it so I didn't have to bring in his traveling toilet.  Well, no such luck.  Here's a sneak peek at our conversation in the bathroom....

Me:  Michael, look at that little toilet! See?  It's not so high and there's a little training toilet seat for you to use.  Do you want to try it?

Michael:  Never!

Me:  Why not, Michael?!?  It's a Michael sized toilet seat for you! Why don't you want to try it?

Michael:  I don't like the color.  There isn't any green on it.  Okay now.

His traveling toilet is green and blue and the one upstairs is green and white.  The one in the nursery bathroom is blue and white.  Sadly, it was my divine sign to go back to the car to bring in his travel toilet.  I may be bringing that thing up until he's in high school.  I asked him if he would be using it when he's in college and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No! I'll be too big!"  Whew!

I just finished A Great Catch by Lorna Seilstad (such a fun read!) and I'm reading Snitch by Booker T. Mattison (my downstairs book) and The Fine Art of Insincerity by Angela Elwell Hunt (my nightstand book).  They're both so different but really good so far!

I'm currently reacting from some major allergy issues with some wheat I had this morning (I knew I was going to regret eating that yummy croissant sandwich this morning!) so not even four applications of Renew are good enough.  Krista really likes using the Renew skin lotion (she enjoys not feeling so greased up after a head to toe application of Aqua Phor) and can see a difference that's similar to using Aqua-Phor...sans the grease! The Melaleuca shampoo has been making my hair very soft and I really like what it's doing to Krista's hair, too! I think we have a winner here! The Melaleuca shampoo beats anything we've ever purchased from a salon or beauty supply store and it's so much more economical that the product alone is worth joining Melaleuca for!

Krista was trying to get Michael to do something (probably hurry up or something like that!) and each time, I would hear him calling, "MOOOOMMMY! Krista is antagonizing me...AGAIN!" It makes me want to laugh hearing him use a big word like that for something so trivial! I think I heard him use that same sentence about four times today and each time, it was because he didn't like what she was telling him to do!

Krista had her interview at GBHS this afternoon.  I think it went pretty well even though the Geometry test was a challenge since she's taking Algebra 1 now.  We'll just have to see what happens.

It's getting late and I need to finish some more laundry so I'll leave you with this verse from the Amplified Bible: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "16Be happy [in your faith] and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually (always);   17Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly];  18Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]."