Monday, December 13, 2010

'Tis the Season to be Busy, Fa-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La

This is what happened since I last blogged...

1.  Started Paradise Valley by Dale Cramer (book 1 in The Daughters of Caleb Bender series) on Friday night morning at (3 am-ish).  Baked 48 mini gingerbread cupcakes, double batches of Molten Lava cookies, Peppermint & Chocolate Chip Snow cookies, tried out a recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Fudge... one more big batch to go on Wednesday and then I'm done with baking for a while!

2.  Missed the 6:30 am alarm on Saturday am, so we didn't arrive to help out at the LOMSAA yard sale (thank you, Archer family for hosting and prepping!!!) until 8 am-ish.  Having to clean up and box everything away afterward reminded me of why I wish I was allergic to yard sales! They're a lot of work for very little return...

3.  Wrapped all the gifts---Krista left for the birthday party (Happy Belated Birthday, Katarina) with the Biseras (thank you!) and I left for my MOMSnext White Elephant Christmas Party at Yvonne Groen's gorgeous home (she's the Hostest with the Mostest!").  Okay, it was SOOOOOOO much fun!!! And, thanks to my sweet Beth Sharma (who strategically stole back my cute set of mugs which was originally stolen by Julie Taylor...teeheehee!), I left with those same mugs (naturally, I need another set of mugs like I need a hole in my head, but they were so stinkin' cute!!!).  Ahhhhh, sweet justice for me but not for Julie (check out those cows on ebay or google cow collectors and I'm sure you can get your money back...easily!!!)...

4.  Picked up Krista, Lauren & Chloe from the party after nearly going to the wrong house to get them (thank you, Andrea Armstrong!!!)...

5.  Stayed up til 1 am-ish to talk about the party before going to sleep (a victim of burning eyeball syndrome again!)

6. Lost my patience with Krista (three days of dishes piled up in both sinks is very annoying!)

7.  After an AMAZING Christmas program at church directed by our new Worship Arts minister, Sandy Howell (oh, I'm sure I got her title wrong but you can look it up at http://livingoakschurch.com/!), we had a nice lunch together and ran some errands.

8.  I worked on stuff for school throughout the weekend beginning Friday night and am now definitely counting the days til Christmas break begins...!

9.  Jacob took Krista for cotillion while I stayed home with a cranky and fussy little boy (his nose is STILL running!) who was probably over tired as we all were.

10.  Lost my patience with Michael after blowing his nose about 20 times in between trying to help him spell words, make a card project, work on a puzzle... aka Bad Mommy Syndrome.

11.  Looked at the flowing laundry baskets and have plans to do laundry tonight after peak hours (did you know you save money when you run the dishwasher or your washing machines after peak hours?!?)

12.  Witnessed LOMSAA's first Script's Spelling Bee (congratulations Hannah Reagan!!!)

13.  Ran errands at Target

14.  Read to Michael this morning and fed him lunch.

15.  Finished Paradise Valley this morning  and am ready to start Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury...finally!

Last night, I was convicted of my impatience with my poor children! It happens when I've over extended myself and I'm reminded by God that He's called me to be a Mother and not a Shrew to my children!

You know what's running through my mind, right now?  The verse in Psalm 46:10 (Ampified Bible version), "Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!"

I think I need to do that!

8:37pm:  I finished Unlocked tonight.  What an amazing book!!! You don't even need to read my review of it in January to know that it's a phenomenal story (about the power of music for a boy with autism) from Karen's heart to yours!!!