Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Cookie Monster Lives At Our House

Recently, we learned that you cannot turn your back on Michael when there are cookies nearby.  I was out at a meeting, Jacob was probably upstairs studying while Krista was with Michael downstairs either chatting online, doing homework or something.  Michael single-handedly polished off nearly an entire tin of cookies himself (the Danish cookies from Denmark that have three cookies per liners)!!! I think he's trying to make up for all the lost years when he was allergic to everything made with dairy, wheat or eggs! I asked him how he felt after eating so many cookies (I was expecting his stomach to be hurting or something!) and he replied, "I feel good!" Mercy! Apparently I better teach Michael about the sin of gluttony and soon, too!

Yesterday, I was so busy baking cookies for the teachers and kids at LOMSAA (I think I made about over 12 dozen cookies) that I didn't have time to read.  At all.  Which is not a good thing because I get cranky! What a crazy day! I made 8 posters (4 foam posters back and front) publicizing our LOMSAA garage sale at 817 Capitan Street in Newbury Park this Saturday, Dec. 11th from 7am-12 noon and finished after midnight.  The smell of Sharpies all night was very offensive to my olfactory receptors! And, I successfully killed my four new KING SIZE Sharpies after all the coloring and outlining on the posters.  Just lovely.

Two days ago, I finished Nightingale by Susan May Warren.  It was a very intriguing story which I'll share about in my January newsletter here on this blogsite.  I finished it and started on Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena B. Miller.  Thankfully, I had a little time to finish it earlier today.  Now I am on Drifter by Sharon Carter Rogers (my upstairs book) and I've got to tell you, so far it's really creeping me out! So, obviously, that is one book I'm not reading before I go to bed!!! My downstairs book is Love Finds You in Deadwood, South Dakota and the only progress I've made is sticking a bookmarker in the book for when I actually start it (which hopefully will be after I finish blogging)!

All day, Michael has been begging me for cookies.  Can you believe that?!?  I think he's had his quota of cookies for the year after inhaling that tin of butter cookies! But, apparently, his stomach has forgotten and he longs for those white chocolate chip cookies.

Wouldn't it be great if our souls longed for God the way Michael yearns for cookies?!?  Look what the psalmist David says in Psalm 42:1 from the NASB, "As the deer pants for the water brooks,So my soul pants for You, O God."

So what are you panting/longing for these days?