Monday, December 27, 2010

"I Just Want To Die, Don't You?"

Yesterday I got to read and finish The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson (it will be in my February reviews in Five Star Books & More by The Reading Mom newsletter here on this blogsite).  I started Stars Collide by Janice Thompson last night and hope to finish it later tonight to include in my January reviews.  There are so many great books that I can't wait to get to.  If only I could read more than one book at a time...!

We were about to begin Michael's bedtime routine the other night when Michael informed me he wanted to die.  Yes, can you believe it? I said, "Yes, I can't wait to die either, but why do you want to die?"  And he replied, "So I can ask God how things are made."  

By the way, one of his favorite TV shows is the one on the Science channel called "How It's Made" and I'm guessing he decided it would be a lot faster to just ask God (no commercials either!) when he gets to Heaven!

Like any other child, you just never know what will come out of their mouths! The key is to not overreact or it will ruin the moment.  And just go with the flow! 

I love that Michael already understands that God is the only One who holds all the answers to our questions.  I'm quite certain that God smiles at the things that come out of the mouths of our children!

Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite verse.  If you're familiar with my newsletter, then you know I always end my letter with it.  Here's what it says (in case you're not familiar with it yet...):  

"For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord,' "Plans for good and not for evil, plans to give you a future and a hope."


Can you trust the all-knowing God with your unknown  future?