Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve!

Oh, I forgot to mention yesterday that I finally finished Drift by Sharon Carter Rogers.  It was suspenseful, but intriguing enough to make me want to see what's next.  I'll post my review of it on the first Friday in January here on my blogsite under my "Five Star Books and More Newsletter" tab.

I also finished Charles Martin's The Mountain Between Us (a review for February 2011) which had a surprising ending that initially saddened me and then made me realize I had it all wrong! I loved it!!! And now I'm on chapter 3 of The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson (my upstairs book) and I've yet to begin on Jan Karon's Light From Heaven (my downstairs book)!

 I thought you might like to see Michael's mega Lego Duplo creation (using all 4 boxes of his Duplos to make this).  As you can see, he's very proud that he met my challenge to use every piece.  It's a garage for his cars and animals as well as a bakery.  Very random, but very Michael!

Here is Michael with all the animals from his Noah's Ark set and the animals from the Nativity Set worshiping the baby Jesus at the manger.  Ya gotta love it!!!
 By the way, ignore the dates on these pictures.   A little someone (I won't mention names) somehow found a way to turn this function on and I have to figure out how to eliminate it! Here are Krista and Michael with their million dollar smiles.  Pictures of Krista are getting rarer because she's at that stage where she doesn't want her pictures taken. 

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve! I never finished decorating the mantle, putting out the stockings, etc.  Oh well.  I'll have less to clean up in January now, right?!?  Tonight after the service, we're going to open presents because tomorrow, we'll be busy hanging out with all kinds of people! 

So, Merry Christmas!!!


Isaiah 9:6 "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."