Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Snack Restriction and Day 3 of my Melaleuca Challenge

Michael's been on snack restriction today.  He made some poor choices and because we're teaching him that poor choices = poor consequences, he's been on snack and electronics restriction.  All day, I've been hearing this from him...

"But why can't I exercise on the Wii?"  That crazy child is addicted to exercising on the Wii! It's definitely not from my genes because me, on the other hand, has not been on the Wii since...ummm...ummm...let's not go there!!!

"Can I just have one snack for a treat?" If I got paid for every time he asked me that today, I would have been rich!

I love how he's developing selective amnesia already!

Melaleuca Challenge Day 3...

Well, I've been itchier than ever (which has been really annoying!), but my skin has been feeling pretty moisturized with Melaleuca's Renew.  I meant to mention that yesterday, but since I forgot, I'll mention it today.  Yes, even though I still have a few stubbornly dry and peely places on my face (this usually happens when the weather goes through drastic changes and unfortunately, those dry areas are on my face and not in a better area like behind my knees or under my feet or somewhere else less conspicuous!!!), I can feel the difference in other places on my body.  I have to say I'm pretty impressed that Renew has lived up to it's claims! I had Krista try it tonight and she agreed---it's so nice for us to use it instead of feeling all greased up from AquaPhor and Vaseline! I still love my Dramatically Different but I'm only using Renew for now.

I haven't felt a difference yet from the vitamins I've been taking in the morning and at night (I love those handy little AM & PM vitamin pouches!).  And the verdict is still out on the shampoo and the allergy meds.  I still feel the same.  Only itchier.  I'm thinking it's the weirdo weather we've been having and I'm definitely hoping it's not a strange never-before-seen side effect from my new Melaleuca products!

It's why 2 Corinthians 5:1 encourages me so much! I love the Contemporary English Version of this verse:  "Our bodies are like tents that we live in here on earth. But when these tents are destroyed, we know that God will give each of us a place to live. These homes will not be buildings that someone has made, but they are in heaven and will last forever."

We have a lot to look forward to, don't we?!?  Spread the joy!!!