Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Helper and His Unconventional Cleaning Method

This morning, the Season All Seasoned Salt was still on the table from last night's baked potato dinner.  We love seasoned salt! It goes great with cucumbers, pasta, and pretty much anything else! But every time you use the shaker, it leaves some of the seasoned salt on the top of the shaker part.  No biggie since it doesn't really affect anything, right?

Well, Michael was eating his oatmeal this morning and I was working on my laptop.  All of a sudden, he exclaimed, "Look, it's all cleaned now!" And it was! The blue shaker part (with all the little holes) was smooth and free of salt making it appear brand new.  I thanked him and told him what a great cleaner her was and then a thought hit me...

Me:  Michael, how did you get the top so clean?  What did you wipe it with?

Michael:  I didn't use anything except for my tongue! I licked it! [Big Smile]

Ahhhh...that's what I was afraid of!!! I had to explain why he needed to use a napkin to clean it next time because he was more than willing to do another quick demonstration for me...! Ya gotta love how their little brains solve the problems of the universe, right?!?

Our sins need to be cleansed completely from our hearts.  It's possible because of Jesus and His sacrifice.  In Romans 3:23-24, the New Living Translation puts it like this, “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.”