Friday, April 1, 2011

"I Can Nebulize AND Do Rowing Squats!"

Last night we had dinner at Blue Stove and it was so great to see Michael eat his chicken, sweet potato frites and fruit! It's the little things in life, right?!?  Michael is clearly on the road to recovery.  His coughing has significantly decreased (last night was the first night he only woke up once which meant Jacob and I got to sleep for more than three hours...which is why I'm finally blogging since I can think coherently again), his energy has returned (this is manifested by the never ending chatter that's about to drive me over the brink of insanity because of the lack of...silence!!!) and so has his appetite! He's asking for food AND eating it!!! What a novelty since before feeling better, he was asking for food and then taking one bite or less.

Today, while Michael was doing his breathing treatment (the nebulizer works wonders!!!), he optimistically declared, "I can nebulize AND do rowing squats!" ummm...definitely NOT! I calmly told him he wouldn't be on the Wii Fit Plus until he was done with his antibiotics and finished with the breathing treatments which won't be until the 11th.  yep, he's definitely feeling like himself again!

Thank you for praying for him!!! I can't even imagine a life without prayer.  I'm so encouraged by the Amplified Bible's version of Ephesians 3:20-21.  It goes like this...

"20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--    21To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it)."