Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Green Sharpie. A Four Year Old. One Cranky Mom... and oh, my Melaleuca Challenge Day 2...

Melaleuca Challenge Day 2...

Hmmm, I was wide awake last night.  And very itchy.  It's the allergies and weather changes that make my body go nuts-o on me.  I think I probably slept for about 3 hours.  I should have just stayed up and read.  It would have been more productive!


So far, I haven't felt any changes in my body...but it's only day 2 so I remain hopeful and partially skeptical :o)
In other news...

I'm a BIG fan of fine point Sharpies.  I only use them for projects that require precision writing or design and neurotically careful about the points.  I like them pointy! I love all the different colors they come out in now so I couldn't wait to use them for my big poster project I'm doing for Michael's teacher at MOMSnext (the lovely and creative Miss Muriel!!!).  The woman is amazing---you should see the crafts they do in her class of 4's and 5's! She makes the Bible come alive with her teaching and craft projects (I could never imagine tackling some of those projects with small children but that's why she's teaching and I'm not!)---Her lessons are exciting and her crafts are time intensive, incredibly detailed and well thought out which is why Michael LOVES being with her in class!

Okay, so back to the poster.  I wrote out a message in the middle of this foam poster so all the kids and maybe even the parents could sign their names around it.  I decided to entrust Michael with my green Sharpie (he LOVES green) so he could write out his message and sign his name with his favorite color green.  I showed him where to write everything so there would be room for everyone else to sign their names, too.  Such a simple task, right?  NOT! 

I started doing something else and when I looked over to see how Michael was doing, I discovered that he had decided to take over the entire left side of the poster! He drew bunny ears and a super sized marshmallow peep! He was pressing so hard on the point that he nearly made holes in the f-o-a-m poster board!!! I quickly intervened when I saw him cross over to the other side and push the point of the Sharpie until the ink was bleeding into a nice sized circle! There was an indentation on the back of the poster which would have definitely made a hole through it while marking up the the carpet had I not caught him in time! Whew! I had been thinking of bringing the rest of the Sharpies to let the kids use them, but I've changed my mind about that! Crayola Markers will work just fine, too!

Naturally, I've come to realize that I  should be nominated for "OC Neurotic Mother of the Year.The "OC" is for obsessive compulsive, of course! I mean, who cares about a marker, right?!?  I can always replace it.  And who cares about excessive artwork on a poster that's not in the "right" spot, right?!?  Poor Michael was only trying to make "dots" with the marker and I went cranky mother on him! I had to ask him for forgiveness this afternoon (I'm praying he's not scarred for life over this!) because I was cranky with him.  And you know what?  He forgave me.  And so did God.  It's why I have comfort in 1 John 1:9.  I like how the Amplified Bible puts it best..."If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]." Ahhhh, confession is good for the soul.