Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"I See You!!!" and "What Can I Help You With?" and "Do You Need Any Replacement Parts?"

Michael got to play with his DS while waiting for me to get my haircut this morning.  When we came home, I told him he needed to play with something that didn't require batteries or anything that needed to be turned on.  I watched him push the Lego box (we just finished building the Lego Creator House #5891 this past weekend) around on the floor while making little noises.  Then, as I was working on the computer for MOMSnext stuff, I heard a voice from the direction of the stairs going, "I see you!" The Lego box was wedged between the spindles of the stairs (I'm not sure if that's the correct name for it, but it's the wooden thingys that hold up the hand rail on the stairs!) and he was using it as "my telescope."

As I was making some phone calls for a replacement part for our portable nebulizer, I watched him moving around on his stomach (it looked like he was trying to swim) while pushing the Lego box around.  He told me he was going to "his house on the rock" (from the Bible story of The Wise Man and The Foolish Man).

When I was finished with my phone calls, he came up to me and asked, "Mommy, what can I help you with?  Do you need any replacement parts?" Ha! Now, that's a loaded question!!!

Michael's been doing great.  So far, his breathing issues are under control so I haven't had to nebulize him yet today.  He's still taking his antibiotics (we call it his "milkshake medicine") and will be done with them on Monday.  Woo Hoo!!! I'm ready for everyone to remain healthy for more than a week :o)

Except for some deadlines, this week is going to be very exciting! Our friends from noCal are arriving on Thursday and Teal (Krista and Teal are "kindred spirits") will get to stay over and see what Fridays are like at LOMSAA! After school we'll have our yearbook meeting and then later that evening, we're having the 8th grade girls over for our Bible Study Sleep Over 2!!! I'm so excited about spending time with the girls!!! Then it will be a weekend of friends and fun!!!

In the meantime, there's a house that needs cleaning (I just looked over and Michael is making "snow angels" on the carpet!!!), snacks to purchase, cookies to bake, etc. etc. etc.! I'm reading The Dawn of a Dream by Ann Shorey and Ted Dekker's creepy suspense The Bride Collector downstairs and upstairs, I'm reading Julie Carobini's Fade to Blue (book 3 in the Otter Bay series).  I hope you've checked out the latest books I've reviewed in my newsletter here, Five Star Books & More by the Reading Mom.  If you haven't, then be sure to check them out!

I would love to blog more, but Michael would like to email his Miss Muriel (he missed her class when he was sick two weeks ago) a "thank you" for the card she sent him. 

I'll leave this verse with you (as requested by Michael)..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only forgotten (it should be "begotten!") Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16 as quoted by Michael (age 4).

I've been invited to go aboard Michael's ship, so Bon Voyage (it seems to be the appropriate way to end this blog)!!!