Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good Bye 2011

Wow! I can't believe today is the last day of the year.  We spent the first half of the day in MP and the second part of our day at The Grove.  It was great!!! We rode the trolley and then found a great spot at the fountain and watched the water shoot up and do all kinds of cool things! It was really relaxing and so fun for Michael!!! He loves fountains and we seldom have the luxury to just sit by one and watch it.  I was glad we did :o)

My last meal in 2011 was a delicious Philly Cheese Steak n Mushroom (sans the bread) shared with Michael.  It was yummy!!! Earlier, we had ice cream (hey, life is short, so dessert first!!!) and met this lonely little lady who sat by us.  My heart went out to her and we got to chat a little bit.  She was a little under the weather and wanted to step out and splurge a little. I wish we could have spent more time together but the short time we had was lovely.

My last book of the year I'll be reading downstairs is Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot. I was hoping to finish it by 2012, but since I'm blogging and not reading, I think the plan will fail.  Upstairs, I just started Brandilyn Collins' Over the Edge.  Oh, I wish I had the opportunity to stay up all night reading...  But falling asleep in church tomorrow would so not be a good thing...!!!

Although we started 2011 with Michael's febrile seizure scare and ended the year with Jacob getting laid off, life is great!!! Krista started high school in September and is doing incredibly well.  We're so proud of her as we watch her grow in her faith and as a young woman navigating the teen years with such grace and poise.  If only my teen years were as easy as hers!!!

Jacob has a year left to his PharmD and he still continues to search for the right job.  I am loving my role as a chat group leader at MOMSnext this year! I have a table of wonderful moms and I really enjoy getting to connect with them every week.  My prayer is that God will use me to make a difference to those around because His light and love are shining through my life!!!

I haven't always succeeded in that area, but with God's strength and mercy (thankfully, they're new every morning!), I will keep trying to go M.A.D. (Make A Difference)! Philippians 3:13-14 (NLT) says it best...

"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."

God is faithful and I can't wait to see what adventures we'll have in 2012!!! Happy New Year!!!