Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!!!

Last night, I got to have a conversation with my dad and my sister---a first for the three of us! When I heard their voices, I yelled out HELLO! and my dad says I blew his hearing! Whoops! Technology can be a mixed blessing at times, but in my opinion, when it comes to connecting to one another across the ocean, it's the best!!!

We didn't go to any parties last night.  It was a blessedly peaceful evening ending with some meaningful conversation with my favorite daughter way after 1am.  I love it!!!

Thankfully, neither Krista nor I fell asleep this morning in church even though we had been awake only hours before! I'm cherishing my time with Krista and I look forward to many more special moments together before she leaves home for college.

Pastor Springer gave some interesting statistics on New Year resolutions.  I don't remember the exact details other than the fact that the majority of us FAIL to keep those resolutions! So, I'm keeping my list short and simple.

In 2012, I hope to stay in touch more with my friends and family.  This will mean that I need to memorize my password for Skype and remember to log in to my account in case my sister is up and is logged on! I also need to reacquaint myself with the Wii Fit Plus again.  Ugh! It's just not my favorite thing on my list of things to do.  I can't wait til we get to Heaven---we'll have glorified bodies that won't require exercise, I'm sure!!! And, I want to use our VitaMix for more smoothies.  Yum! Smoothie dinner, anyone?!?

And that's it! Keeping my New Year resolutions to just three is manageable.  It increases the possibility that I will keep at least one of them :o) Oh, and this verse from 2 Thessalonians 3:13 (The Amplified Bible) motivates me, too...

"And as for you, brethren, do not become weary or lose heart in doing right [but continue in well-doing without weakening]."

 Ouch! That's the power of God's Word kicking me in the patootie!!! Happy 2012!!!