Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Cookie :o)

A few years ago, I took a friend's Crispy and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and tweaked it a bit to make my very own Chocolate Chip and Peppermint Cookies.  This is the cookie that's going to make everyone your best friend, so I'm going to share my special recipe with you :o)  
Bon Appétit


Susan’s Chocolate Chip 
and
Peppermint Cookies



1. Preheat oven to 350˚ and line your cookie sheets with Parchment Paper.

2. Beat 1 MELTED STICK OF BUTTER and 1 EGG.

3. Add *1/2 CUP of SUGAR & 3/4 CUP of BROWN SUGAR and mix well.
NOTE: *I always cut the amount of sugar in every cookie & cake recipe so my desserts aren’t overly sweet

4. Stir in 2 *TSPN VANILLA, ½ TSPN PEPPERMINT EXTRACT, ½ TSPN BAKING SODA, and ½ TSPN SALT
NOTE:  *TSPN means Teaspoon

5. Mix with 1 ½ CUP of FLOUR, 7 CRUSHED CANDY CANES and a 6 oz. bag SEMI-SWEET CHOCO. CHIPS.

6. Place 1" balls of dough at least 2" apart on greased cookies sheets.

7. Bake 12-14 min (depending on your oven)

8. Cool cookies completely before storing them.
 NOTE:  I usually quadruple this recipe to share :o)