Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Mommy, I'm Still Full Of Joy!"

I was Super Mom today... and then I woke up.  Seriously, today was so productive I nearly shocked myself.  I finally got around to cleaning the house (guests coming over the next couple of days is a great motivational factor for me!), going through my emails, organizing all my things for the boutique this Thursday and baking over 200 cookies to give away.  Thankfully, I have wheat issues so those cookies are safe from me! The laundry is nearly finished (whew!) and I'm slowly getting the table cleared from all my projects.

I still have place cards to write out before our MOMSnext Christmas brunch along with Christmas cards and thank you cards to write and then I think I'll be able to sit and read.  Oh Bliss! I'm also fantasizing about sleeping in til 11am...

This past weekend was Krista's choir production and all three shows were fantastic! What made it extra special for Krista was having a bunch of her LOMSAA friends come on Friday night.  Then, on Saturday, Coral was able to come down from UCLA and join us to watch the afternoon show.  Michael had a blast collecting all the candy canes that were thrown out during the show! I wish I had thought to bring the camcorder because he would sing the songs and dance along with the choir after having been at so many rehearsals last week!

This afternoon, Miss Gaylene F. from the front office shared a cookie with Michael.  He loves sugar cookies and he was in cookie heaven! When we were back in the car, he said, "Mommy, I'm still full of joy!" He then sang part of the "Celebrate the Season" song and proceeded to mimic part of the dialogue from the choir production (I was amazed by his ability to mimic the accent to a "T"), "Juh-oy?  You want juh-oy?!? Then give me some money mister!" What a hoot!!! Who needs Fios TV entertainment when you've got a 4 3/4 year old, right?!?

Ahhhhhhh, joy.  It's a word we associate with Christmas but it's so much more! Joy is not dependent on the "perfect" circumstance or financial status, the "perfect" health or the "perfect vocation."  It's not a feeling.  It's not about the acquisition of material things or titles and it's certainly not about the ME factor.  In my experience, joy is most achieved when we are motivated to do things for others because of the love of Jesus Christ dwelling in us and working through us.

I'll end this blog with my prayer for you from Romans 15:13 (NLT)..."I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

Got Joy?!?