Friday, December 16, 2011

Silent Night. Holy Night. All Is Calm...

For the first time in a long time, I'm sitting in silence with just the Christmas tree lights on and some soft Christmas music in the background.  In years past, I've sent out over 120 Christmas cards, but this year, I'm cutting back because I've been so busy with other things.  And, I ran out of pictures so I had to order some more and I don't think they're arriving until the middle of next week!  This is the result of poor planning...or should I say "non existent planning" instead?!?

The good thing is that I am completely free to read (I just finished reading Dale Cramer's The Captive Heart) and blog.  Besides classical music, I love Christmas music.  Thank you for Pandora Radio!!!

Our MOMSnext Christmas brunch and boutique were a success!!!  Jana M. shared a moving testimony about God's restoration and forgiveness in her life and I know many hearts were touched.  Beverley Staunton (Dancing with the Stars lead vocalist) was incredible! I love her voice!!! It was such a fun day and I can't believe it's all over now.  My only regret is that I wasn't able to be at my tables full time.  I was going between the boutique and the brunch program so I missed out on some valuable socialization time with my moms and their visitors!!! But it's all good :o) Jenn G. and I had a great time hanging out at the boutique even when it was crazy with the kids! Mercy!

Well, it's only a few days away from Christmas when we'll celebrate the birth of Jesus, sent from Heaven, down to earth to be our Savior.  Isn't it easy to get caught up in the frantic pace of life during this time of the year?  I find it ironic that we sing about peace during this season and our lives are reflecting anything but peace! I know I have to be intentional about not overbooking our schedule.  I encourage you to take time to breath (ahhhhh.... now doesn't that feel better already?!?) and forget trying to make everything perfect.  It's not worth the break down you're about to have!!!

In the NASB (New American Standard Bible), Psalm 46:10 says it best:  "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Let go and remember the reason why we celebrate this Christmas season.  This baby we are celebrating changed our world and we'll never be the same again.  Ever.  Praise God!