Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Why Do I Need to be Supervised?," "That was bad. I failed!," and Other Funny Things that Michael Says

In the past three days, I've been able to finish Bathsheba by Jill Eileen Smith (this story brings Bathsheba to life!), Love Amid the Ashes by Mesu Andrews (a fictional account woven with historic details on the life of Job) and Wolves Among Us by Ginger Garrett (a historical fiction novel based on true events that are horrific).  Now I'm reading An Eye for Glory by Karl Bacon (The Civil War Chronicles of a Citizen Soldier) and Karen Kingsbury's Leaving which begins the Bailey Flanigan series.  Ahhhh...so many good books to read and so little time to read them all. 

One of Krista's job is to supervise Michael when he washes his hands whenever we come home after being out and about.  And lately, he's been wondering why he needs supervision because he's now four years old! Being 4 is equated to being 44 in the mind of a child, I guess.

It's still pretty comical watching Michael playing the Wii.  He feels invincible and plays everything even though he hasn't the faintest clue how to play.  And when he scores a "0," I hear him exclaim, "That was bad.  I failed!" 

Michael loves his snacks.  He considers meal times his snack time, too.  The other day, I told him I was making him cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal (with whip cream on top, of course!) for breakfast and he said, "That's a good snack idea, mommy!" I find it highly amusing that he'll come in the kitchen and open the cabinet and just peer inside.  Once when I was cooking dinner,  we had this conversation...

Me:  Michael, why are you looking in the cabinet?  It's almost dinner time.  Are you looking for a snack?

Michael:  No, I'm just looking in here to see if it's organized.  Yeah, right.  Looking to see if it's organized, my foot!

Obviously, we had to have a little talk later that night about lying.  I can't believe some of the stuff he comes up with! He has looked in there several times since and told me he's checking to see if it's organized in there! no, it's not!

It brings to mind the verse in Jeremiah 17:9 that says (and I refer to the Amplified Bible again), "The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind]?"

Whoa, it brings new meaning when I read it from the Amplified Bible version!