Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"What Does Ponzy Laud Mean?" and Other Questions that are Hard to Answer!

Oh.  My.  Stars.  I just realized TODAY that this is my deadline week for Five Star Books & More by The Reading Mom newsletter.  This is SOOOOO not good because the words "Deadline Week" are highlighted in neon yellow in my planner and I still managed to miss it.  HELLO?!?  Anyone home?!?  I am going to be very stressed by the end of the week...!!!  I did save myself from another heart attack b/c I thought our MOMSnext newsletter was due this week, too, but thankfully and a BIG whew!, it's not due til next week so I can save myself from having a cow, a canary AND a litter of kittens!

My mind has been so occupied with a gazillion and one things.  My ability to multi-task may be retiring sooner than later, me thinks.  My brother-in-law and my nephew Daniel are here visiting for a few short days while touring through Biola, Westmont and Master's.  I wish my sister and Jason could have come, too.  We celebrated Daniel's birthday yesterday with a Carvel ice cream cake (the crumbled Oreo in the middle is the best part!).  I can't believe he's 17 now!!! He is so tall and handsome and one of the things I love the most about him is his sweet and tender heart.  And the fact that he patiently answers every one of my nosy questions about him and his friend Bree! Sorry, Daniel! I just couldn't resist.  Blame it on my insatiable need to know every little detail about EVERYTHING in b/g relationships !!! I was born curious, so just shoot me! And I think I even found out things that my sister might not know.  You see, the problem is this:  She probably asks the same questions in her head that I have the audacity to ask out loud.  I get the answers and she doesn't!!! Unless she's with me and then usually, she'll be too busy burying her head under the pillows while exclaiming, "I can't believe you asked him/her that!"

I have a ton of stuff to tell you, but it's getting late and I still have laundry to do.  Bleh.  I finished reading all the books I've mentioned in the last blog (finally!) and have since finished Karen Witemeyer's Head In The Clouds.  It's a historical fiction story that I really enjoyed! Then I started Lauraine Snelling's On Hummingbird Wings (my downstair's book) and In Every Heartbeat by Kim Vogel Sawyer (my upstairs book). 

We've been listening to the latest VeggieTales Hosanna CD and one day after we got home, Michael kept asking me what "Ponzy Laud" meant.  I had no idea what he was talking about! Then while driving to somewhere (it's all a blur by now) one day, it dawned on me what he was saying! The French Peas join and sing this familiar worship song that repeats, "But we will wait upon the Lord."  But being French, their accents make that phrase go like this, "Be we will wait upon zee Lawd" making it sound like "ponzy laud" to Michael's ears! Ahhhh, mystery solved!

Robin Jones Gunn (I love that woman!!! She was always one of my favorite people to interview every year!) came to Krista's class today to share her story and poor Krista was home sick! I brought all her Christy Miller books for Robin to sign so she was happy :o)

My 8th graders are leaving for Washington, DC on Friday and there's a gazillion and one things to still do.  AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH! And, Krista has been home sick with a fever and fluid in her ear.  Please pray for that poor child.  She is so behind in her school work and she needs to get well before she goes on the trip.  Eeks! I have to keep reminding myself that things could always be worse...

Like my friend Barbara and her sweet daughter Olivia.  Now, they have gone through so much health wise and it makes me think of the verse in Job 23:10-11 (from the Amplified Bible):  "But He knows the way that I take [He has concern for it, appreciates, and pays attention to it]. When He has tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold [pure and luminous].
   My foot has held fast to His steps; His ways have I kept and not turned aside."

God is good.  All the time.  All the time, God is good!