Monday, March 14, 2011

BELIEVE Me, I'm A BELIEVER...!

It's been pure bliss having Krista home again in the same time zone.  Our family feels complete again! The experiences she encountered with her class on this trip matured her.  When I saw her coming down the escalator at the airport, my first thought, was "Wow.  She looks so grown up! She left here a child and returned as a mature young lady."

We spent a portion of today just sitting on the couch talking, laughing, talking, laughing, talking, laughing, etc.! You get the picture, right?!?  Listening to her stories and her insight and perspective on things that happened (or didn't happen) made me so thankful she's our Treasure Box from Heaven.  God, in His infinite mercy, gave us this special young lady to nurture, guide and train for Him and I'm grateful for this season we have with her. 

By the way, the title of this blog has nothing to do with the content.  It's a joke Krista will clearly understand and since she reads this blog (I have to be careful with what I blog!), I thought I would send her a special message.  I'm sure she'll appreciate it...!!! LOL!!!

I'm thankful Krista is at LOMSAA (www.lomsaa.cloverpad.org), an environment that fosters godly instruction and guidance, academics, authentic relationships and spiritual training.  I am confident that she can go to her teacher, Mrs. Gourley, Mrs. Knudsen and Mrs. Crooks and any of the parents of her close friends and get great counsel no matter what season of life she's in.  I consider it a privilege to invest in these kids she's in school with.  I love how Proverbs 11:14 from the Amplified Bible puts it, "Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."