Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Four Days and Counting...!

It's definitely a God thing that I haven't gone crazy without my favorite girl here!!! Seriously, if air tickets hadn't been so ridiculously high, I would have been on the  next flight out to join Krista when she was in Lancaster (Hello?!?  The Reading Outlet Malls are there!!!)...! Krista calls nearly every night and fills me in on her adventures.  It helps that she's in good hands (thanks, Ian!) and having a great time with her class.  Most of all, I'm thankful I can trust in God to take care of her and her health issues.  What a lesson of trust this has been!

I've gotten to finish Melody Carlson's Spotlight On the Runway and Nancy Rue's Tournaments, Cocoa & One Wrong Move and Limos, Lattes & My Life on the Fringe.  I'm finishing up Glamour On the Runway by Melody Carlson and upstairs I'm reading Bathsheba by Jill Eileen Smith.

This has been a productive week.  I've had meetings, baked (my baking days are limited as the weather gets warmer.  Who wants to be slaving away by the oven when it's a warm day?!?), helped my friend Betty do some beading for the women in India (what an interesting group of women who get together to help Betty & Patricia! It was a fun evening!), finished the MOMSnext newsletter (Since I'm currently supplying most of the content, I can't wait to make good on my threat about making things up for the next issue...!), taken care of work stuff for my Five Star Books & More newsletter (I love crossing things off my lists!!!), had my appointment with GB's principal John Hynes (He was very gracious to answer every single one of my questions!), met with my friend Beth (that visit was SO overdue!!!), given Michael a haircut (Poor boy.  He is forever going to be a victim of a bad haircut until I can figure out those clip sizes! Maybe bald patches will be fashionably "in" someday...!!! In the meantime, thank God he loves his white bucket hat!!!), etc.  Then tomorrow, Michael and I are cleaning the house (which means it will take twice as long, but he's learning an important skill that his future wife will be very appreciative of someday!).  Staying busy has kept my mind off of missing Krista.  It's a good thing :o)

It hit me today that in the same way I long to hear from my daughter and have her home, God wants us to long for Him. In the Contemporary English Version, Psalm 42:1 goes like this, "As a deer gets thirsty
for streams of water, I truly am thirsty for you, my God."

Have you spent time with Him today yet?