Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On the Brink of...Sleep-Comatose-ness

On Sunday afternoon, I left for our monthly LOMSAA parent meeting while Jacob was home with the kids.  All day, Michael was having difficulty breathing.  You could see his little body just struggling to get the next breath in.  I put him down for his nap before I left and Jacob tells me that he started calling for him (as soon as I left) and told Jacob he wasn't feeling so well.  Then his eyes rolled back and Jacob immediately started nebulizing him with some of Krista's medicine until he responded.  YIKES.

Yesterday, Michael was officially diagnosed with pneumonia.  I had to help two nurses hold Michael down while he was getting two injections of antibiotics on his bottom.  He may have pneumonia, but his screaming functions are working quite fine! Poor thing.  I had to inform him that he would be getting two shots and he was not a happy camper as you can only imagine.  So, I asked him if he would rather go to the hospital and get four shots or stay at the doctor's office and get two.  And his reply?  "Neither of them!"  okay, so that logic didn't work too well.

We haven't been sleeping too much lately.  The other night, I thought it would be a good idea if Michael and I slept downstairs (he's coughing so much that it keeps Jacob up, too when he's sleeping with us) on the deluxe queen air mattress and Krista joined us, too.  Unfortunately, my back was not a happy camper again (I think I just need to stay away from air mattresses which is another reason why I can never go camping unless we're camping out at a five star hotel!!!).  And, Michael kept both Krista and I up all night with his coughing and moaning.  At 3am, I sent Krista back up to her bed and then at 5:55am, I brought Michael back upstairs and crawled under the covers of our bed.  It was freezing downstairs!!! So much for that great idea!

I can't even remember when was the last time I blogged.  Sleep deprivation has a way of obliterating any details from the mind.  I just finished reading The Heart of Memory by Alison Strobel (loved it!!!) and Liz Curtis Higg's Mine Is The Night (one of the best reads ever!).  I'll have those reviews in my April newsletter...coming soon! I just started The Deepest Waters by Dan Walsh and I'm hoping to start and finish The Conversation by Judy Salisbury (an intimate journal of The Emmaus Encounter...doesn't it sound intriguing?!?) soon.

Since 2011 started, we've been sick more than we have been well---especially Krista and Michael! I keep telling myself it could be worse and it really could be! We have so much to be thankful for!!! I'm so grateful for everyone who's been praying for Michael since the word has gone out about his diagnosis. 

 Thank God for His promise in Matthew 18:20.  It goes like this from the Amplified Bible, "For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I AM in the midst of them."
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts because we can see a difference already!