Monday, March 21, 2011

"Beware, Mommy, There are Tigers in Asia...!"

Michael came down with a high fever on Friday afternoon and has been running a fever ever since along with some hard coughing that is asthma related.  And now, with febrile seizures in his history, we've been keeping a close watch on him.  For the past three nights, I've been sleeping in his room (and boy, the air mattress does not help my back issues at all!) and I've noticed that he gets up at least 10 times a night now that I'm in his room.  Sometimes, I'll open my eyes and he's right there in my face! How to get a heart attack, right?!?  Last night, he decided he wanted to "snuggle" which is code for "sleeping with mommy."  I don't mind except I'm on a twin mattress and after he inched me off the bed (have you noticed how much children "travel" when they're in bed with you?!?), I decided it was my divine sign to send him back to his own bed!

I finished two amazing books yesterday...one was by T.L Higley Pompeii City on Fire and the other was Lilies in  Moonlight by Allison Pittman.  Now I'm working on Unforgettable by Trish Perry.  I can't wait to share them all with you in my newsletter next month!

Yesterday, it was incredibly windy and raining ferociously.  We lost power for a while and thankfully, Jacob hadn't started his exam yet! Later in the evening after the power returned, out of the blue, Michael came up to me and whispered, "Beware, Mommy! There are tigers in Asia.  And they're poisonous, so don't eat them!" Ummm...that was random.  Just for the record, I have never eaten tigers before, nor have I ever had the desire to eat tigers now or in the future!!!

I've been home with Michael since his fever so I haven't been out and about.  This morning, I had errands to run and as I was driving, I was shocked by all the downed trees and branches on the road and on the sidewalks.  What a storm!

Seeing all the downed tree limbs and even downed trees made me think of the verses in Psalm 1:1-3 that goes like this from the Amplified Bible, "Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.
    2But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.
    3And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]."