Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to....ME!!! :o)

I wanted to make my birthday a week long celebration.  Fail.  Especially since I didn't think about it until 3 days before my birthday! Maybe next year...! Last year, I shared 41 facts about moi.  Yep, I went back and read the blog and found it to be pretty amusing.  I thought of sharing 42 more facts about myself but got bored, so I'm going with a different idea this time around...


I was inspired to create a bucket list of 42 dreams in random order... :o)

1.  Experience an authentic English high tea, visit Stratford-upon-Avon, etc. in England

2.  Learn to play Canon in D major, My Heart Will Go On and Ballad Pour Adeline flawlessly and commit them to memory

3.  Work for Make A Wish Foundation

4.  Go on a Karen Kingsbury & Friends cruise with my favorite sister

5.  Tour Israel with Kay Arthur or Josh & Sean McDowell

6.  Visit all the famous sights in Europe with my family on a cruise liner

7.  Do the historical tour trip visiting PA, VA, NYC and MA as a family

8.  Volunteer in an orphanage in China

9.  Vacation in Singapore

10.  Sight see in an helicopter

11.  See the pyramids in Egypt

12.  Learn to paint with oil or watercolor

13.  Learn to sew and own a super cool sewing machine

14.  Hunt for seashells on Sanibel Island or Captiva Islands in Florida

15.  Visit The Holy Land Experience in Orlando, FL

16.  Take a photography class

17.  Stay at a luxury hotel with my sister and Krista and read books, watch movies and get room service all day

18.  Do a project with Habitat for Humanity

19.  Go on a train ride to another state

18.  Visit the Precious Moments chapel and see the sights in Branson, MO

19.  Ride on a glass bottom boat in the Caribbean or Hawaii

20.  See the historical sights in China like the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, etc.

21.  Visit Prince Edward Island, Canada

22.  Explore a Victorian mansion

23.  Go to Australia

24.  Eat at the Sky City Revolving Restaurant in Seattle, WA

25.  Join Operation Christmas Child on one of their mission trips delivering boxes

26.  Visit Quebec's Ice City Hotel de Glace

27.  Volunteer in a children's hospital ward

28.  Audition in a play

29.  Visit Japan

30.  See Wicked and The Lion King on Broadway in NYC

31.  Be a spectator at an ice carving competition

32.  Design a house with revolving walls

33.  Have a weekend of watching chick flicks with my favorite gal pals

34.  Float like an astronaut at Zero Gravity

35.  Go on a submarine ride

36.  Visit and volunteer at God Cares school in Uganda

37.  Mail care packages to struggling college students and international students

38.  Watch Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Becoming Jane, The Secret Garden, The Little Princess, Little Women and The Princess Bride with Krista

39.  Drive a golf-cart for fun

40.  Go to the Barnum & Bailey & Ringling Bros Circus with the family

41. Visit the Biltmore mansion

42.  Stay in a castle

If I never check off one thing on this list, it's okay! I'm content with the life I'm living.  I have my sweet family, great friends, a wonderful church community, food , shelter and so much more!!! We are so blessed.

Tonight, I was so turned off by the kids and their reaction to receiving a "terrible" gift from their parents for Christmas (on youtube.com courtesy of a challenge to parents from Jimmy Kimmel).  The important lesson of contentment is desperately lacking in families today!

I love what the apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:11 about contentment.  In the English Standard Version (ESV), the verse goes like this, "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content"

Got contentment?