Friday, January 13, 2012

"Mommy, Last Night I Deleted All My Fears By Saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!!"

Last night, I was with nearly 300 other women listening to Shaunti Felhahn talk about men! She was hilarious, relatable  and very insightful!!! I had the best time with Melissa D. at the front door collecting tickets :o) It's such a blessing to see an event that we've been talking about and planning for months in our Steering team meetings go so smoothly---a definite God thing!!!

While I was off with the girls, Jacob had to take over Michael's entire routine for the first time.  Ever.  He had to feed Michael ("I want to wait for Mommy!"), bathe Michael ("Daddy, I can't get out now.  You didn't soap me up!") and get him to bed ("I can't wear those pajamas! They're short sleeves and I'll be cold!").  I was cracking up as Jacob told me how his evening went with the kids! Krista was apparently out of sorts (it turned out she was sick!) and Michael was... just being Michael!

Now it's time to focus on our upcoming missions trip.  I have lists to make, things to organize, laundry to do, books to read, reviews to write, a house to straighten up and keep clutter-free, etc.!!! I could add more, but I don't want to bore you!!! Isn't life exciting?!?

In fact, it's been so exciting and busy that I've barely had time to read! In the past two weeks, I finished A Baby for Hannah by Jerry S. Eicher, An Amish Family Reunion by Mary Ellis, Blue Moon Bay by Lisa Wingate and Love Blooms in Winter by Lori Copeland.  Downstairs, I'm reading The Wings of Morning by Murray Pura and upstairs I'm reading Suzanne Woods Fisher's The Keeper.  And in the car, I'm trying to read Where Wildflowers Bloom by Ann Shorey! Everything will be in my February issue of Five Star Books & More here :o)

Michael has a special pillow that we normally warm up in the microwave before he goes down for the night.  If he forgets to bring it downstairs in the morning, he has to go upstairs by himself to get it out of his bed.  He so doesn't like making the trip solo! But now, I have him stomping loudly to his room while shouting (over and over), "JESUS is bigger (pause) than ALL my fears!" And he makes it through without any complaints now!

One morning, he told me this, "Mommy, last night I deleted all my fears by saying, Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!" and I wasn't afraid anymore! Don't you just love how children get things?!?  I told him that he was learning very early that there is power in the name of Jesus!!!

I love the New Living Translation's (NLT) version of Philippians 2:9-11...

" 9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
      and gave him the name above all other names,
 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father."

Amen, right?!?