Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Mommy, Will You Tell Me All About Blood Cells And What They Do In Our Bodies?"

Last night after midnight (after having been up since 3am the night before, I was exhausted and actually asleep before midnight!), we were awakened by Michael crying in the hallway.  His nose was bleeding and it was squirting everywhere on the carpet, his clothes, and on me.  I was holding him in the rocking chair and trying to stop the nose bleed while assessing the damage on the carpet and on his pj's.  I had him in the bathroom washing the blood off his hands, arms and face afterward and then put him back to bed.  I was scrubbing the blood off the carpet and apparently, he was wide awake.  Meanwhile, I was dying from being awakened from a deep sleep!

As I'm trying to go back and forth to the bathroom to get paper towels, water, my Melaleuca PreSpot spray, he was asking me about blood cells.  Hello! I could barely stay awake trying to scrub off the blood from the light tan carpet while planning to put in deep burgandy carpet in the kids rooms in the next house somewhere out in the far future! We had just read a chapter about blood cells from our body book so I knew he probably knew the answer to his question, but was stalling so he didn't have to go back to bed! As I scrubbed furiously (cleaning up blood is a pain!) I had to tell him to lay down and stop talking because it was night night time.   Silence.  Finally!

Someday, I will look back and remember his inquisitive nature with fondness, but not after midnight! But, to put things in perspective, every nosebleed reminds me that I still have a son that survived a febrile seizure earlier this year so I'm grateful.  However, I would be more appreciative if his nosebleed issues happened between 10am and 10pm!

After I finished cleaning up, I went back to bed hoping to fall back asleep, but it didn't happen.  Now I was wide awake and so was Jacob! He went downstairs and then I turned on my light to read The Opposite of Art by Athol Dickson.  By the time I finished three-quarters of it, I was finally tired...after 3am!

I finished it this afternoon (I took a lovely nap while Michael was taking his!) and started on Lynn Austin's Wonderland Creek tonight.  Then I finished my Precepts homework on Hebrew (The In and Out version of the study requires a lot more work than I wanted!!! Eeks! But God clearly wants me to study Hebrews which has always been a mystery to me, so here I am!) and am planning to be in bed before midnight...hopefully!

I'll end with a great answer of whom Jesus is from my study in Hebrew 1:3-4 from the Amplified Bible...
" 3He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,
    4[Taking a place and rank by which] He Himself became as much superior to angels as the glorious Name (title) which He has inherited is different from and more excellent than theirs."

Now that's what I call a thorough explanation!