Sunday, February 6, 2011

Writing On The Wall

Today we did a pretty cool thing after the last service.  We all went over to the newly demolished interior of our children and youth building (LOCC building expansion project) and got to write Scripture on the walls before it gets painted this week.  I've heard of other churches doing that and always wanted to do that...and now I have! Of course I wrote my favorite verse of all time from Jeremiah 29:11 and a few other favorites as well!!! It was a pretty amazing experience to stand in the middle of the room and look at all the Scripture on the walls and even on the floor.  I'm glad our whole family got to participate in this historic event and I can't wait to see our new children and youth building completed!!! God is clearly at work at LOCC and I'm so glad we're a part of the family there :o)

For those of you wondering, yes, I am still torturing myself on the Wii Fit Plus system.  Yesterday, I had an allergy free and low impact run (I have herniated discs issues and can only do low impact activities which is why shopping at the mall is such a healthy choice for me!!! It's too bad I don't get to do it often enough!).  I ran 1. something miles in 10 minutes (I'm sure my friend Nicea can run it in like 2.9 minutes!!!) with a fan blowing on me.  It was the best conditions for a person who is not a natural at running (nless it's about running late...!)!

And I'm still pretty sure my trainer and the Wii Fit program hates me.  I was listening to Jacob's trainer tonight and he was all compliments with Jacob! In fact, Jacob got rated as "fitness guru" or something of that nature on his screen while I get comments such as "You're not good at this" or "You're not ready for this yet so you better work on blah blah blah!" Some of us were not born to exercise which just stinks since I'm at a stage in life where the mere sniffing of baked good adds an additional three pounds on you! 

Now Michael, on the other hand, loves to exercise! He knows how to start the Wii and begins choosing his stuff! His weight is going down while mine is going up! So.  Not.  Fair.
I finished reading Robin Caroll's In The Shadow of Evil and really enjoyed it.  If you like suspense, you'll definitely like it, too! My downstairs book is The Stone of Destiny by Jim Ware and my upstairs book is Kathy Herman's False Pretenses which is very intriguing so far! 

I baked over 400 cookies today.  I'm bringing some to school tomorrow because I know the kids all prayed for Michael when he was sick and had his febrile seizure and cookies are a great way to say "thanks!".  Some I'm going to give out to the church office staff (they do so much!) and I have some for friends and our teachers at LOMSAA.  Whew! I don't want to bake again for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time!

Psalm 97:10 is a comforting verse to know! It says, “Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.”

Thank you, Lord for keeping ALL your promises.  I trust in You!!!