Saturday, February 19, 2011

Girls Night Out

Krista and I have been talking about having a LOMSAA girls sleepover for a while now.  And of course, after reading Dannah Gresh's book What Are You Waiting For? I felt strongly compelled to have the 8th grade girls over to do a Bible study sleep over on it with them.

Well it happened.  Every girl from the 8th grade class made it (only 11) and we had the best time talking, journaling and talking! I love these girls! They are amazing and have such a desire to know God and each other!!! And I love being with them, talking and just hanging out with the girls.

Although only 9 were able to sleep over, it was still an amazing time going through Dannah's book with them.  We are up to chapter 4 and will have another Bible study sleep over to continue our journey with Dannah.  I read to the girls, we discussed things in between readings and then the girls took some time to journal.  It was amazing!!! Being with the girls reminded me how much I loved being a youth group leader and hanging out with the kids.  I'm currently in the season of being involved with moms in women's ministry (which I love!), but I look forward to the day when I can get back to working with the kids in youth group, too :o)

I've adopted every one of these girls in my heart and I'm so thankful that Krista has these girlfriends.  They're godly young women with a desire to build their relationships and love one another.  I can say with certainty that there is not another 8th grade class of girls like these LOMSAA girls in the entire nation!!!

I can't wait to see them grow up, date (of course, every date has to meet my expectations before it can go further), get married (I'll be in the front row with Laurie!!!) and eventually have children (after getting their master's degree or Ph.D degree, of course!!!) of their own.  Most of all, I can't wait to see how God will use these young women to impact His kingdom.  I'm just privileged to be a small part of their lives (hopefully for a long time!) as they go through this journey known as "life."

What I love about these girls is how easy they are! All I need is snacks (corn and potato chowder for those who needed dinner) and a place for the girls to be together and they're set! We don't have the biggest house, but it doesn't matter because they're happy to all lay down side by side on the floor in their sleeping bags and on the couches!

At 5:43 am every sleep over mom's nightmare comes true...a child is sick under my watch.  I can't get a hold of her parents, but after researching on the internet, there is very little I can do except make sure she's drinking enough fluids to prevent dehydration.

Okay, Michael is up (I've been hearing the music from his aquarium and he's been humming to it, too! Such a sweet sound this early in the morning (6:44am) which means hello Michael and goodbye blogging!

Let me leave you with this amazing verse I just found  in The Message for Psalm 103:6"God makes everything come out right; he puts victims back on their feet. He showed Moses how he went about his work, opened up his plans to all Israel. God is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, he's rich in love. He doesn't endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever. He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him. And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins. As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear him. He knows us inside and out, keeps in mind that we're made of mud. Men and women don't live very long; like wildflowers they spring up and blossom, But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly, leaving nothing to show they were here. God's love, though, is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him, Making everything right for them and their children as they follow his Covenant ways and remember to do whatever he said. "

I love the part about God's love being present and making everything right for His children.  Oh, I pray that everything right will go for my girl who loves God and is so sick right now.  Dear Father, please have mercy on my sweet girl.  Bring her healing and please give her mercy.  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.