Sunday, February 20, 2011

What Are You Waiting For?

I've been waiting forever for this day to happen and now it's over! Today was the Inspired31 Mother-Daughter tea with special speaker Dannah Gresh.  If you've read my blog, then you know she's one of my favorite authors and her recent book, What Are You Waiting For? is the book I've started to use with my 8th grade girls!!! Seeing Dannah and Bob again was really great!!!  It reminded me of one of my favorite things about working in Christian radio---getting to talk to the most interesting people shaping our culture with their writings and music!

While Krista and I were at the tea, Michael was happily playing at PaPa Bear and MaMa Bear's house! He was waiting for this day for the entire week!!! He packed up his rolling backpack (Thomas the Train, of course!) and filled it with his school books ("I love doing school!" and "I think I need more school books, mommy!" Believe me, I never heard those words ever come out of Krista's mouth at that age!).  Then he showed me his money and offered to let me use some (No thanks, that money is worth as much as Monopoly bucks, kiddo!).  I love his generosity though! It's the thought that counts, right?!?

The other day in the car,  a conversation between Krista and Michael just cracked me up!

Michael:  I'm so filled with energy that I can't stop talking!!!

Krista:  Michael, you don't stop talking even when you're not filled with energy.

I asked Krista to supervise Michael while he washed his hands after playing at the park with PaPa Bear.  I went to bring in the stuff from the car and Michael said this to me later:

Michael:  I don't need Krista to supervise me when I'm washing my hands, mommy.   I can do it all by myself.

It was a surprise to hear the word, "supervise" coming from a four yo's mouth! Michael continues to surprise me every day and my days are filled with laughter because he says some of the funniest things! Don't you just love this age?!?

Laughing with Michael (and yes, I admit that sometimes we're laughing at him too!) makes me thing of the verse in Proverbs 17.  I really like how the Amplified Bible phrases Proverbs 17:22: "A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones."

It sure beats taking Tylenol!


 

\