Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Death by Exercise

It's a proven fact that exercise is dangerous.  My friend Nicea has broken her toe (I'm pretty sure it's because she's an avid runner and is the poster child for exercise).  Isn't that proof enough?!?  And I feel like I'm dying each time I turn on the Wii Fit and each time I'm finished beating my body into submission while running, cycling and doing step aerobics (which should be renamed torture aerobics).  It's a very slow process to getting the desired results so I'm really hoping that the rapture comes sooner than later!!! Since I began exercising (day 21), my reading time has dropped tremendously and it's killing me (I have barely finished a book in the past week and that is a BAD thing)!!!  So I can safely say with certainty that exercising is killing my way of life as I knew it (and what's up with the exhaustion after exercising?!?  I can barely stay up past 12:30 now which cuts into my reading time in a big way)!!!

I just finished Waterfall by Lisa Bergren and I've been trying to finish Siri Mitchell's A Heart Most Worthy which has been my upstairs book.  I started it a week ago and should have been able to finish it a long time ago!!! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!

On a happier note, I finally finished writing to my brother (it's taken me about 4 months to complete it!), got the house cleaned and organized enough to have my 8th grade girls over again for part two of our Bible study discussion using Dannah Gresh's book, What Are You Waiting For?  We've been having the best conversations---especially when we veer off the scheduled path I planned! I figure it's a God thing and I just go along with it.  And so far, it has been an incredible experience with the girls and I cherish the time I get with them!!!

Michael has been loving having the girls over here because it means he gets to be the "taste tester" of the bowls of snacks I set out for the girls! This afternoon, he discovered he really really likes pretzel M&Ms.  He only eats the green ones though.  And all day, he was anticipating making his own pizza with the girls (I had set out pita bread, a bowl of sauce and mozzarella cheese and various toppings for the girls to make their own pizzas) which he did.  I was hoping he would eat it, but he was content making it...and leaving it.  Okay, now.  He's definitely going to be seeing it again tomorrow because I'm not eating it for him!!!

I'm very thankful for Jacob who works hard and provides for our family.  I love being a full-time mom at home with Michael (and Krista when she's not in school!) and feel very blessed and grateful!

I Chronicles 16:34 puts it best:  "O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!" I love the Amplified Bible!