Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sheer Entertainment!

It's the funniest thing to watch Michael do boxing on the Wii Fit.  I sit on the couch behind him and just laugh the whole time as he's punching away with his little arms and shoulders dancing in motion! He tells me that he's going to be my "teacher" so I'm instructed to watch him and away he goes!

What really cracks me up is when he drops the Wii Numchuk while he's vigorously boxing with one arm while trying to retrieve the Wii Numchuk! And I love how he excitedly declares when he's finished boxing, "I didn't even break into a sweat!" He doesn't have the faintest clue what sweating is but he sure makes up for it with his enthusiasm!

He also insists we "run" together but if you watch him, he stands stationary while shaking the Wii remote (a tip his sister taught him!).  It's hilarious!!! It's hard to read these days when we're busy "exercising!" 
I finally finished In The Shadow of Evil by Robin Caroll (danger, suspense and murder!) and Jim Ware's The Stone of Destiny which is a fantasy story about a middle school boy and his best friend Eny (she has a blue eye and a brown eye and plays the fiddle with finesse!) that fans of C.S. Lewis will enjoy.

Yesterday, the kids and I dropped in on a life group where Michael officially met "Pa Pa Bear."  Before leaving for the life group, Michael insisted on making a card for Miss Betty (he met her when she came over for an informal interview for our MOMSnext newsletter).  He wrote, "Michael loves Miss Betty" and then drew random pictures of a hat, a "magical" ice cream cone, a suitcase, his grandfather, himself, a balloon and a "slippery slidey connector" (closely resembling scribble scrabble on the edges of the card).  It was so cute and so sweet!

It made me think of the words of Jesus from the Bible story where the disciples tried to stop the children from coming to Jesus.  He said in Matthew 19:14 (I'm quoting from the NLT version), “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” 


We can learn a lot from the expressions of love, adoration, acceptance and trust from children, can't we?!?