Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Talkative Talker in the House (and I'm NOT referring to myself!!!)

I was on the phone with my friend Betty and she was having neck issues again so after I got off the phone, Michael and I prayed for her.  Here's what Michael said...

"Dear God, please help Miss Betty and her neck issues...[long pause].  She needs grace, mercy, gratitude and peace from you.  In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen"

Don't you love the way children pray?!?  I wish I could record these prayers with his little voice so sincere and fervent.

I finally finished Siri Mitchell's A Heart Most Worthy and fans of historical fiction are going to love this one! This morning I started No Safe Haven by Kimberley and Kayla R. Woodhouse (remember them on Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition?) and the story is seriously addictive...in a good way! But trying to read in between Michael talking to me non stop makes it hard to concentrate.  I'll wait til his nap to get some reading done...

Most of our friends have no idea how much Michael talks.  He's so quiet in the public arena, but when it comes to home, he talks...and talks...and talks.  Here's a random sample of stuff he says at home...

"I'm making a project for you, mommy and need the tape.  Can you get it for me...why can't I use the tape?"

"How do I spell that?  I don't know how to write this letter.  Will you write it down for me?"

"Can I exercise now?  Is the TV set up to AV2?"

"Watch me, mommy.  I'll be your coach, ok?  And then you can do it after me.  I'm good at this, but you're not, right?"

"I need to do more school work.  Can you get me more books?"

"Can you be my doctor and check my breathing and take pictures of my bones?"

"I'm not tired! I could stay awake all night doing school work!  Can I?"

"I'm hungry.  Is it snack time yet?"

"We need to read our three books.  Can you read your book out loud to me?"

"I have assessments to do! I need to do science, math, history, and my grammar now!"

"Can't you bake today?  I want to help you do some baking! Please, oh please oh please?!?"

I wish I could record all of Michael's conversations! He has me laughing through the day!!! Lately, we've been playing the new VeggieTales Hosanna CD in the car (I'll have a full review of it in my next edition of Five Star Books & More newsletter) and I love the song selection on there! We know most of the songs because we sing them at church so it's great to be able to sing them in the car together, too.  I love it when we're at church and they start singing a song we've heard on one of our CDs in the car and Michael will lean in to me and whisper, "They're singing cut number 5 on our CD, mommy!"

In the NLT (New Living Translation) 1 Chronicles 16:9 says, "Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds."

So, let's do it!!!