Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's A God Thing!!!

Jacob and I are so grateful for all our praying friends and family!!! We fell in love with this house (but not with the bathrooms since they are in need of a face lift or possibly major surgery!!!) because the floor plan allows us to host a nice sized small group comfortably,  have a space for the children to play in a separate area from our small group and have room to host visiting friends (yes, YOU!). The ministry opportunities in this house are endless!!!

After putting in our offer (and signing and initialing lots of paperwork!), we got a counter which we responded to immediately.  Another counter was offered and last night, we made our final counter offer to their counter offer (whew! It's sounding a little crazy so I hope you're able to follow this!)! Meanwhile, I've been researching  bathroom vanities, counter tops, sinks and hardware, toilets, etc.!

Well today in church (during our Tough Questions Sunday School class), we got a call from our realtor.  Now normally, I would have run out of the room to take the call, but I felt a peace about just leaving things in God's hands knowing that this call would confirm that this was "the one" God intended for us... or not, right?!?  I sent a text to our realtor that I would take her call after class because the class was so interesting I didn't want to miss any of it!

When class was over, I contacted the realtor and she informed me that the owners weren't ready to accept our final offer (they had only been on the market for a few days so I can understand where they're coming from).  She encouraged us to talk about it and see if we wanted to change our offer, but Jacob and I felt a peace about the decision to walk away from the house now.  The peace I felt about the decision to walk away can only be explained that it's a God thing since I had already envisioned myself in that beautiful house (with the beautiful bar stools and everything updated, of course!!!)...!!!

As much as I loved that house, I'm extremely excited about these two things...

1. God has clearly shown us His Will by closing the door at this time (seriously, how much clearer can He be?!?)

2. God must have something even better for us so I'm content to let Him be in control and let go (again, so NOT me!!!)!!!

Ephesians 3:20 is the Scripture verse that continually resonates in my heart.  I love how The Amplified Bible puts it (thank you, Biblegateway.com!!!)...

20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—

21 To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).

Thank you for your prayers and walking with us through this journey of faith!!! You.  Are.  Loved!!!