Friday, June 29, 2012

"I'm So Glad My Friends Could Come Watch Shaun The Sheep With Me."

One of the deep prayers of my heart is that Krista and Michael will find like-minded friends to connect with. And, God has been so faithful, as always! Last Sunday, we joined a class called Starting Point.  I had understood it to be a class to discuss faith and build community, but it was more of  an Intro to Christianity class.  Although it wasn't what we were looking for curriculum wise, we did meet a new family (who relocated the same time) who had a 7 yr old and a 5 yr old boy.  Both boys and Michael have hit it off and we've been doing things together ever since! They're also living in the same community where we are, so getting together is really easy.

In fact, tonight we invited our new friends to join us in our theater room to watch Shaun the Sheep DVDs! It was really heart-warming to watch the boys interact with each other! I love how God answers prayers!!!

Krista loved being at youth group last Sunday night and met some great people, too! Even though there are about 75-100 kids that show up, she felt really comfortable there (a total GOD thing!).  I'm excited to see her get more involved with the youth group and make some amazing relationships that will impact her for the rest of her life. 

Yesterday, the kids and I went house hunting with the realtor.  We saw 8 houses and found 2 that we really liked.  Jacob was able to come with us to look at the 2 houses today and we loved the second one. I liked it even more the second time around and felt like it was calling me "home" there (especially when I saw that great walk-in closet in the master bedroom!!!).  But the bathrooms need to be updated (ick!) and we have to make some cosmetic color changes to the kitchen cabinets, the kids' bedrooms, the front door and to the exterior of the house.  So, we put in an offer.  Now, we'll just have to see if this is "the one" God has for us!

I love what the Psalmist said in Psalm 36:5 (I like the NLT version of this verse), "Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds."

I'm grateful for God's unfailing love, faithfulness and grace.  And, I'm grateful for friends and family who will stand in the gap and pray for us!!! Thank you, Jesus.