Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The House Hunting Roller Coaster Adventure Chapter 2

A brief recap:  Earlier this month, we saw a house that had the potential to be "the one."  But, two other offers came through and the owners opted to take the 3rd offer.  I continued to look at houses that weren't even close to "the one that got away"  and then we stumbled on a short sale house that was even better than the original "the one that got away...." Jacob saw it and we put in an offer on Saturday afternoon.... Fast forward to NOW...

Current mini update:  As I mentioned in my most recent email, our offer was one of three offers.  We found out that our offer was the highest one but one of the other offer's was an all cash offer that was low. The seller's attorney is talking to the lender to see which offer should be submitted.  Of course, this doesn't mean it will have formal approval.  It will still have to go through the process but will determine which one the seller signs and submits. Translation: Keep waiting :o) 

NOTE:  Short Sales should really be renamed Long Sales because I fail to see the short in this process! Of course, I'm aware that in Real Estate terms, it probably means something totally different...

So, please keep praying for these specific items....

1. The lender will find favor with our offer
2. There will be minimal delay for approval from both lenders (the present owners have 2 mortgages)
3. This entire process will be wrapped up in less time than the usual time a short sale of this nature takes (it would be nice to be in the house by October at the latest!!!)!!!

Years ago, we heard a sermon at our church, LOCC, on the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13).  After the service, we were all handed little cards with the original Lord's Prayer from the KJV on one side and on the other side, a "today's" version of The Lord's Prayer...

I wanted to share both of the versions of The Lord's Prayer with you from Matthew 6:9-13.  Here's the "Today's" version:

     My Father, always near me, always available to me, may Your Name be treasured, loved and respected beyond any other I know.  More than anything, I want Your rule to be completed in my life.  May Your will be done all around me today just like it is done in Heaven.  Give me today the thing that I need for today.
     And please forgive me for the ways I have offended You, and give me the strength to forgive everyone who offends me in any way.  Keep me out of trouble and deliver me from everything that's bad.  For You are the One who is in charge and I need Your power in my life every moment of the day.  All the credit for who I am and what I will be is Yours.  And that's just the way I want it, today and forevermore. 

And, here's the original from the King James Version of the Bible:  Matthew 6:9-13 (Thank you, BibleGateway.com)

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

We're trusting God that His timing will be perfect.  He knows our needs and the desires of our heart and so we choose to rest in the Shadow of the Almighty.