Sunday, June 10, 2012

More God Sightings... :o)

It's odd to be on the other side of the "big move" now that everything is en route to storage in Somewhere, USA.  Ever since the need to de-clutter and get the house prepped for showing, I have slowly started to purge.  In the past two weeks, that need was accelerated and I found myself staying up til past 2am or beyond just taking care of little details to get the house ready for the movers to come pack.

We were scheduled for two days of packing and one day for loading on Friday.  But I had the best packers in the world! They were efficient, considerate and very appreciated of our organized home.  They finished everything--the packing and loading--in two days!

Our handyman, Joseph K was amazing.   He bent over backward to get everything repaired from "the list" by the new owners.  So, yes, I can officially say that the house has been sold!!! What a God thing, right?!?

Since everything was finished early, we were able to have some down time.  Michael and I had a relaxing dinner while Krista was out with Mrs. B and friends.  When we got on our flight the next morning, I felt God's peace as we left soCal.  I am so grateful for all our friends and the community of believers God has given us, who have prayed us through this season of our life.  We will stay in touch :o)
 
God has been faithful and we have seen His hands every step of the way.  Jacob's job loss, getting our house on the market, going into escrow a few weeks after and where we are now are all attributed to God.  And just God.  We have learned to trust Him in a whole new way in this season of our life and because of our choice to trust Him, we have experience a peace that only He can give. I think Phil. 4:6-7 says it best.  I like how the NLT puts these verses (thank you, Biblegateway.com!)...


Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Well, I have finally changed the time on my watch.  This small and seemingly insignificant gesture officially signifies that we are ready to begin our midwest adventure!!! I look forward to hosting our friends here once I find that right house that God has prepared for us :o)