Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Mommy! That Color Is A Little Too Cutesy And Not Really My Style."

I confess that my plans were to begin house hunting immediately, but God, in His wisdom, knew better.  For the past few days, I have been reading, looking at houses online, eating, sleeping in (a luxury!) and hanging out with the kids.  It's been great having some much needed down time for all of us!

But tomorrow, I am finally meeting up with the realtor to look at a few houses.  And,since I can only consider pet-free homes because of all our allergy and asthma issues, it has narrowed down the search considerably.  I think I'm looking at 3 houses tomorrow or maybe even less!

Michael and Krista have been very patient with me as I randomly call them throughout the day to "take a look" at a house that I find that seems to fit in our criteria! Both Krista and Michael have gotten very good at recognizing upgrades, flooring, etc. I was showing Michael this one bedroom that was painted bright red and orange (it looked like a sunrise pattern!) and Michael thought it looked really good.  When I asked if he would like to have that room, he looked at me and said, Mommy! That color is a little too cutesy and not really my style.  I like something in green better, besides I don't think that bed is me!" I had to explain that the cutesy white bed would be moved with the owner!  And since when did he learn about what's his style?!?  It was too cute!!!

I just finished reading some great books! One of them was by Donna Fletcher Crow, A Very Private Grave (book one in The Monastery Murders series) which was historical, liturgical and very mysterious.  Another was Nancy Rue's To Far To Say Far Enough (book three in her The Reluctant Prophet Series), a book full of action, suspense, grit and God things! And I finished Elizabeth Musser's Two Crosses, Two Testaments and Two Destinies (the Secrets of the Cross Trilogy) which were fascinating stories set in the Algerian War time period.  I'm about to start A Heartbeat Away by Harry Kraus (we always had the best interviews) as soon as I'm finished blogging :o)

I'm learning to wait on God because the rewards are great in the end.   But, seriously, those of you who know me best know that it's not easy for me because having to sit still AND wait on Him without doing anything as we're finding the right house have been pure torture!!!

I have to remind myself of God's truth in Isaiah 30:18! The Amplified Bible makes this verse super long, but when you're done reading, you'll have no trouble getting the message from this verse.

" And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!"

Now, compare the same verse in the NLT...  "So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
    so he can show you his love and compassion.  For the Lord is a faithful God.  Blessed are those who wait for his help."

Are you longing for God or are you caught up in the things of this world which are ultimately temporary?  Underline this verse in your Bible like I did and when you get a chance, read the rest of the chapter.  It's so encouraging to know we have a loving, faithful and merciful God!!!