Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chat Group Blessings

I'm convinced there was a full moon yesterday because if anything could go wrong, it did.  But today is a new day! Every day I start a new list of "Things to Do" before the big move and it's so therapeutic to cross off the items that get completed! I love making lists!!!

Krista and her friend Christine finally finished their math project for geometry.  The girls worked tirelessly for the past couple of days and made an amazing castle with a fountain, a pond with adorable little ducks and a resident mouse :o) Check this out...

The clock tower on the castle 

The pond with ducks  
A side view of the castle
 A close up of Momma Duck and her little duckies

An aerial view of the castle and the fountain in the courtyard
The castle's very own resident mouse
Back view of the castle
The Castle
 I think I've mentioned how I'm marking off the weeks by all the sweet farewell parties that have been given on our behalf, right?  Well, today was farewell event #4 given by my mentor moms and MOMSnext chat group.  I've missed meeting regularly, so today was a treat having our chat group together again (even though we missed Trudi)!!! It was bittersweet knowing this was my last time with the girls before our move.  The lunch was lovely and as usual, Donna's beautiful home was the perfect setting with her birdhouse theme for this month!

I was touched beyond words (now that's saying a lot for me!) at the sharing time.  Our group has an amazing bond that's strengthened by friendship, authenticity and love.  I have been so blessed to be the chat group leader of this group of amazing women and to have the most wonderful mentor moms, Donna Slater and Nancy Barshaw.  I love the women of chat group #2!!! My heart is full :o)

Traveling back and forth for house hunting has been brutal for Krista's workload.  She started her finals today and has been feeling so much stress and pressure.  I feel the same way with everything that's going on and all the things that have to be completed for escrow and the move.  I told Krista that neither of us can go on like this.  We're exhausted and just don't have the strength to get everything done.  But that's why relying on Christ is the only way to get through this season of stress, pressure and the move.

I love how the NLT puts Philippians 4:13.  It goes, "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." So, if you're feeling like you're a pressure cooker that's about to blow, remember that Christ gives you the strength to go on and do what you're called to do if you ask Him for help!

He promises to never leave us or abandon us (Heb 13:5b), so ask Him to infuse you with His strength and you will accomplish great things because of Him!!!