Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy House Hunting Day

Today the kids and I saw a better selection of houses.  Although we haven't found "the one," we're getting closer :o) Krista has been such a trooper---Michael has been barging in her personal space and antagonizing her by touching her arm, her leg, etc. while they're in the back seat of the realtor's car and in the apartment (she's at that stage where she doesn't like being touched)!

But Michael has been a trooper, too.  We saw 8 houses today and he made it! His times to eat have been mixed up and he's been missing those nap times that he still needs.  And, being in a new place is always a challenge.  I'm very proud of both of our children adapting so well.

The other day, Michael and I had a very interesting conversation.  It went like this...

Michael:  Mommy, do you know what I'm going to be when I grow up?

Me:  What would you like to be when you grow up, Michael?

Michael:  A Ninja. (Now that's a new one I haven't heard before!)

Me:  And what do Ninjas do all day, Michael?

Michael:  They destroy all the bad people, mommy.

Me:  Isn't that messy work?  What do you mean by "destroy?"

Michael:  Mommy! You know! Just get rid of all the bad people and then they'll be gone!

Me:  And then when you're done getting rid of all the bad people, what will you do?

Michael:  I'll be a Medical Director and then you can travel with me to all the air-conditioned places (no wonder he's my favorite little boy!!!).

Me:  I like the sound of that!

What a hoot! I love our conversations!!! Both kids have me laughing throughout the day!!! Well, it's been a mini vacation for me these past few days.  I haven't had to drive back and forth to school or the rink! We've been able to stay put without having to leave because our house is being shown.  I brought three books and finished two of them. 

I loved The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek by Jane Myers Perrine! It's set in a cute little town where everybody knows your business.  The Widows are determined to play matchmaker and their not-so-subtle ways of matchmaking are hilarious! Then, Beth K. Vogt's Wish You Were Here is a great story about a runaway bride.  Allison Denman has to face her painful past and figure out what she wants.  Both reviews will be in my June edition of Five Star Books and More by The Reading Mom.  I started reading Five Miles South of Peculiar by Angela Hunt and hope to finish it on the airplane.  It's been so nice to have the time to sit and read again :o)

I forgot to tell you that yesterday in church, Michael leaned over and whispered to me, "Can we go to Heaven together, Mommy?"  Isn't that sweet?!?  I had to tell him I would love to but only God knew the answer to that.  I love that he understands that Heaven is with God and everything is going to a gazillion times better than we can ever imagine!

In the Amplified Bible, Revelation 21:4 goes like this, " God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away."

Isn't that comforting? I don't know about you but I'm ready for that glorified body now! How about you?!?